Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished wiring a push button start in the truck and whilst looking at my fuses I noticed that there was no fuse in slot 12 for the anti-lock brakes. Ive posted before on how I was having trouble with doing the self-test with the braking system and this explains why.

I will not even begin to describe the random wiring situation going on underneath my dash...

I thought that now since the RABS light had gone off all of my braking problems were gone and that I could now freely lock my brakes up to my hearts content, but after the third time of locking em up and sliding around in a dirt lot the damn light came on again.:banghead

I now had no trouble pulling codes from the truck seeing as there was now power going to my RABS. The code that came up was code number 9.

Alldata describes the code as:
"High sensor resistance"

I also notice that when the key is turned to the on position the RABS light comes on and then turns off. When it turns off simultaneously a crackling sound is coming from the driver side of my engine bay. Could this point to a frayed wired perhaps? Or some kind of bad ground? I wish I could move faster than electricity to see where it is coming from, but alas it is 230 in the morning and I'm slightly intoxicated.

Im assuming that the code is referring to the Hydraulic Unit for the RABS because that is the closest thing to an electronic component in the system.

Any takers?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,193 Posts
A quick peek in the 90 Ford Service Manual points to the rear axle sensor for flashout code 9. It has you turn the key off, disconnect the connector from the sensor, & measure ohms across the sensor. It says to set the ohmeter to 20k ohm scale.

If resistance is greater than 2500 ohms replace the sensor.

If resistance is less than 2500 ohms, there's further testing related to the wiring. I'll look it up tonight if you need it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can you tell us more about your push button start? I would love to wire up one like in race cars where the starter and ignition system are independent of each other.

·
Super Moderator
26,319 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thats interesting. I didnt even know there was a sensor back there. Ill get under there tonight and see what I can find.

As far as the push-button start goes just pm me and Ill send you some general directions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts