Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so ive been working on fixing my cooling system for a couple months.. all thats left now, is my cap problem..

when the engine hits 4000 rpm or above, the rad cap starts spewing coolant.. and it's not like tons of coolant, but enough to be worried about..

i've replaced Rad cap, top rad hose, thermostat, heater core, and PO put in a new pump right before i got it(november 2014)..

and no, none of the parts are el cheapos...

thanks for the help

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bent neck on the radiator? Dirt or gunk where the radiator cap seats?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Warranty the cap.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
nope. neck is straight and the sealing area is clean.. i flushed entire cooling sytem 3 times so far. still some crap in fluid, but 100 times better than it was.
Maybe you should get one of those kits to test for combustion gasses in the coolant.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
??? not familiar with that.. where can i get it?? and how much does it cost??
I don't know, Ive only heard of it. supposedly parts stores have it. Does it do it if you let it idle? Blowing out the cap when you hit a certain RPM sounds like a possible head gasket leak.

Oh wait, then it would puke out the overflow. Nevermind, get a new cap. Just tell them its leaking or something. Personally though next time I buy a cap I'm getting a Motorcraft since they're cheap from rockauto.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know, Ive only heard of it. supposedly parts stores have it. Does it do it if you let it idle? Blowing out the cap when you hit a certain RPM sounds like a possible head gasket leak.

Oh wait, then it would puke out the overflow. Nevermind, get a new cap. Just tell them its leaking or something. Personally though next time I buy a cap I'm getting a Motorcraft since they're cheap from rockauto.
only does it past 4000 rpm.. wat about a stant? everyone says those are the best.. i got a napa factory replacement..

·
Registered
665 Posts
I agree, if the rad neck is in spec you probably just need a new cap. I recently replaced mine with a Stant. I was losing fluid slowly over time. Could not see leaks anywhere at all.

When I changed the cap I got a leak from lower hose that was cured with tightening the clamp. The old one was clearly not holding pressure. Not losing any fluid at all now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get this...

I went through 3 radiator caps, the first two being Stant 13 lb. OE and Safety Release. Ended up trying a Motorcraft 16 lb. and no more problems. :doh0715:

Maybe my Edelbrock Victor Series HV Water Pump? :scratchhe
Is this the one?? I searched and this is what I found..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C5HR8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1424266509&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=radiator+cap+94+ford+bronco&dpPl=1&dpID=413ppydarLL&ref=plSrch&dpPl=1&dpID=413ppydarLL&ref=plSrch

·
Registered
9,834 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try switching the two hoses that enter the radiator at the filler neck. when the system pressures up the hose from the intake will spew fluid out the cap because it is by-passing the seal in the radiator cap. Take a pic please. :) I think the line from the intake should be the lower hose where it attaches to the filler neck.

·
Super Moderator
26,089 Posts
yo, I just received the RS 62 via Amazon; got Free Shipping because much better half bought some other items as well.
Steve83 also bought same recently.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try switching the two hoses that enter the radiator at the filler neck. when the system pressures up the hose from the intake will spew fluid out the cap because it is by-passing the seal in the radiator cap. Take a pic please. :) I think the line from the intake should be the lower hose where it attaches to the filler neck.
U mean switch the throttle body coolant line and the coolant reservoir?? I don't think that would work.. the reservoir wouldn'tbe able to do its job..

·
Registered
106 Posts
U mean switch the throttle body coolant line and the coolant reservoir?? I don't think that would work.. the reservoir wouldn'tbe able to do its job..
Exactly! I replaced my entire cooling system and reversed these two lines and had the same issue he is experiencing. I switched the to the correct location and the problem was solved. Hoping that he has the same issue...doesn't get much easier to fix than this if that is indeed the problem. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts