Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a '92 Bronco with a bad engine. I got picked up a wrecked '94 Ford f150 for the engine. I got the engine swapped but I destroyed the radiator and transmission cooling line. I installed an aftermarket transmission cooler because I was going to use the f150 radiator (had no cooler lines). I put the radiator in and realized it only has one coolant outlet near the the radiator cap. I swear mine had 2. One mounts on the intake and one was a coolant overflow tank. Is that right?

If it is I think I need a new radiator.

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
So, I bought a '92 Bronco with a bad engine. I got picked up a wrecked '94 Ford f150 for the engine. I got the engine swapped but I destroyed the radiator and transmission cooling line. I installed an aftermarket transmission cooler because I was going to use the f150 radiator (had no cooler lines). I put the radiator in and realized it only has one coolant outlet near the the radiator cap. I swear mine had 2. One mounts on the intake and one was a coolant overflow tank. Is that right?

If it is I think I need a new radiator.

Thanks!
when you say the intake are you referring to the throttle body?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's what I meant.

I have the option of swapping throttle bodies but I'm not sure if they are compatable?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes that's what I meant.

I have the option of swapping throttle bodies but I'm not sure if they are compatable?
I know what your talking about, i remember pullin that coolant line off my 88's throttle body when i was doin some work. i felt like it was T'd into somethin... idk but when i get home ill take a look at my 88 and my 95 and see whats going on with that. i know the external reservoir connects right at the fill cap.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My '89 F350 has the same setup. 2 lines into the TB.

I guess my main question is if I can swap a '94 302 throttle body onto a '92 302. When I look at radiators online (for '92-'94) it shows 2 open ports below the radiator cap.

Why can't anything be simple and easy? I guess it wouldn't be any fun

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind about the throttle bodies. They are identical. They both have the cooling lines. Now, can I tee into something like the factory did? I don't have the truck anymore or a picture so I can't tell.

This is what I am trying to figure out where it goes...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe it simply Tee's from the heater hose.

Here is Steve83's diagram from his supermotors page.
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/512251
Ya the throttle bodies between the two should be identical. My 88 T's off the heater line that hooks into the water pump. My 95 has a black steel line that runs along top of the radiator into a hole in radiator below the external tank hole. So basically there's two holes below the fill cap on my 95, one for the external tank the other for the throttle body line. You could do it either way.

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Some models like my 94 have the throttle body coolant return running to a port on the radiator fill neck.

Many others connect to a barb on the return heater core tube.

Some models with an earlier belt tensioner setup just use rubber hose all the way to the water pump and have it teed into there.

I actually need to get to the junkyard and grab 2 of these tees, not for my truck though, they're going on a Chevy.:toothless

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! It looks like I will have to go find something. I have the metal T off the old truck. But my accessory brackets are different so I don't think it will work. It looked like the angle was different. Anyway,does it matter which side of the heater hose I connect it too?

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Thanks! It looks like I will have to go find something. I have the metal T off the old truck. But my accessory brackets are different so I don't think it will work. It looked like the angle was different. Anyway,does it matter which side of the heater hose I connect it too?

Thanks for the pics!
Connect it to the return side, it will be going to one of the returns on the water pump.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up one of these for the T

I would have preferred a metal version but this was off the shelf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts