Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've posted...i've been busy graduating from college, moving into a house, and starting a new job. so yeah, it's been busy. Bronco still starts and drives though, when i get a chance to drive it...

but anyway here's the problem: Radiator is leaking from the top seam after I shut it down (i believe there are 2 or 3 sections to the radiator, something like that). it'll also start to run a little hot while driving (does ok when moving, sitting = hot) what should i do with this? can i get that seam welded? is there a bigger underlying problem here?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
297 Posts
you could get the spout braised as i am assuming u have a brass radiator prob could braise aluminum too or get it welded

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If you just need a quick fix...take a little JB Kwik to the leaks...it'll last a month or so to stop the leaking. Beyond that, the overheating could be radiator related, waterpump related or fan clutch related. But if I were you, I wouldn't even waste any money on that radiator...you're talking $100-150 easy to have yours fixed and flushed, and who knows how long it'll actually last, or just go buy a new one from JBG for $200. The $50 would be worth my peace of mind.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was kind of thinking replacement might be more worth the money too. I need to get it looked at first I think so I can determine if any other components need work. Are the jbg ones pretty durable? I've had good luck with them in the past butt haven't done anything this critical from them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you need a radiator I would get a Proliance(old Modine). Alot of guys gave me that advice and they were right. Not the cheapest but high quality. I got mine from NPD but I found Rockauto had it for less and lots of others sell them like Napa. GL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts