Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...79 bronco 460 swap..Everythang ran and worked properly untill my transmission crapped out on me..Got it rebuilt, back in, and now when you drive it a little bit it acts like the motor is getting hot and water starts spewing out of the overflow tube...(gauges appear to be at normal temps)First time it done it, the antifreeze was black as coal..Flushed the radiator and refilled with antifreeze.. Drove again today and the same thing happened just the antifreeze wasnt as dark but wasnt the typical "green" color...No water appears to be in the oil (not milky looking) and no water is leaking any where else as if it was a blown gasket..Could getting the transmission rebuilt cause the cooling lines in the transmission to blow or break? If so how can i know if its for sure that before i go to changing gaskets and radiators?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i failed to mention that i also checked the transmission fluid and it also appeared to be normal..

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Very unusual for a 460, but it could be a blown head gasket leaking combustion gasses into the cooling system. If it is severe enough to turn the coolant black then it will most likely show up on a compression test. Do the test and pull the spark plugs to look for signs of coolant (white spots).

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts