Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to FSB forms so go easy on me. I have an Alpine Cd player in my Bronco. The problem I'm having is that it keeps cutting in and out I will lose sound and display for about 1 to 5 seconds. I took it back to the place I bought it from and they said it may be a wiring problem. So I had them wire it straight to the battery just to see if it was the wiring or the radio that was screwing up. They did this and checked it out and said everything was good. Well ten minutes down the road and it starts doing it again with it wired strait to the battery. I haven't been back yet cause I'm in the Air Force and had to leave on a short notice deployment. I talked to a buddy of mine who used to work at a stereo place and he said it may be something wrong with the circut board. I was just wondering if anybody might have had a similar problem. I'm hoping it is just the radio and not a wiring problem. Thanks for your help also let me know what you think of the Bronco. Here's a link

http://fullsizebronco.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3030

·
Registered
315 Posts
if you have it wired directly to your battery, and you losing display and sound, then it sounds like an internal wiring problem, something loose inside the stereo iteslf.

do youself a favor and learn how to wire a stereo yourself, thats where i started doing my own work, its only like 11 wires bro...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
deffinatley sounds like a grounding problem. reground it. and DONT run the head unit directly off the battery. run it back thru your fuse box. or if you still have them, use the factory wiring harness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know how to wire stereo. At the time I bought it they were offering free installasion. Can't pass up a free bee....maybe that's why it was free cause they knew they would somehow end up screwing it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts