Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '94 Bronco has a lot of problems in the sound system. When I got it, it had this built audio system in it which has a lot of crap in it. Anyway, the radio has a lot of alternator whine and crackling to the point where I can hardly hear the music. I stuck a couple of those Scosche audio noise suppressors in, they did nothing. I stuck them in behind the radio and now they kinda suppressed a little bit but not too much. A friend said to look at the factory noise capacitor and so I did and it doesn't appear damaged. I swapped in a different capacitor and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of this problem? The previous owner and myself took it to a few different sound shops and they couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
sounds like you have bad ground. ground the batt to the frame body and motor, then ground the head unit to the body, if u have any amps in the truck, re-do the grounds to those too. use 12ga for the head unit and at least 8ga for everything else, personally, i would use 4ga....

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
sounds like you have bad ground. ground the batt to the frame body and motor, then ground the head unit to the body, if u have any amps in the truck, re-do the grounds to those too. use 12ga for the head unit and at least 8ga for everything else, personally, i would use 4ga....
x's 2. also may want to make sure you have a good set of spark plug wires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it has good spark plug wires in it. I'll check those grounds, I know everything is grounded heavily because there are like 4 amps back there. I basically have 2 4 channel amps I think, 1 2 channel amp, 1 power filter, 1 crossover, 2 12" Kicker Comp VRs, 2 10" Kicker Comp VRs, two 5.25" speakers and tweeters, the stock 4 speakers in their locations, and a Pioneer Premier deck. Everything is grounded quite a bit but I'll check again.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
personally id get rid of everything but the original amp, 4 speakers and hu:goodfinge

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
yo,
x3 on da GROUND; check this out; similar to your year...
Radio Suppression Bond (Cab-to-Frame) Wiring Harness & Component Location Diagram, Ford Part Numbers, Depictions, etc. from Ford Workshop Manual in 96 Bronco, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty Chassis Cab & Motorhome Chassis; use your Browser's SEARCH (or FIND) function to locate what you seek in each Diagram, such as suppression, etc.
Source: by Ford via thedieselstop.com @ http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/maint/stj/stji1015.htm

Radio Suppression Capacitor and Wiring

&
Radio Suppression Bond (Cab-to-Frame)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts