Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since a lot of you guys have already gone through this, I figure you could help me sort a few of these minor details with my SAS out. I have a solid 44 from a '79 Bronco that I am rebuilding. I need some recommendations for mounting the radius arms for my SAS, what type of brackets should I use. Can I use the ones from my TTB, or will they bind too much? How about c-bushings, what degree should I use 7, or something else? Can I keep my 4 inch coils and shocks, or do I need to go to 6 inches. I am not looking to get really radical with this axle, and I don't need monstous articulation. I just want something more sturdy and reliable than my TTB. The more basic the better. Thanks.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That answers my mount question. Maybe I can get evil to build me a pair of those.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
NOBS actually built those i believe, and raf (bronkzilla) built some also. you may contact him, im sure he could build a set for you

wes

·
Registered
643 Posts
jermil01 thats some of the stuff i need to know too. i ve searched and found some of ythe stuff.can i keep my 4" coils and use ttb lower pads?im gonna cut the crossmember anyway to fit the pumkin

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I modifyed my 79 arm brackets to accept the arms with no drop brackets. I cant seem to find the picture now tho :banghead I think I need to do something to support the brackets better tho, they are starting to bend my frame a little, not much but it is. also scott is having this problem as well. shitty ford frame I guess.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
here's mine.

I was thinking about using some big piece of angle iron to fortify the frame there. Or run some 1/4 plate along the bottom of the frame, but it is curved there so it may prove to be tuff. Mine has already bent on the d side (the frame that is) as I came down to hard on it while goofing off.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts

there are the measurements for evilbroncs and rafs brackets

wes

·
Registered
266 Posts
WES said:

there are the measurements for evilbroncs and rafs brackets

wes
thanks for the dimensions. Blaze and I were talking about what he plans on doing for his eventual SAS, (in reference to the RA mounts). I just saw this post and mentioned it to him. Wasn't sure if eighther of these original guys might be interested in making some for him (or anybody else), but if not, the numbers would help a little for somebody starting from scratch.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
J A F O said:
thanks for the dimensions. Blaze and I were talking about what he plans on doing for his eventual SAS, (in reference to the RA mounts).
Agreed...If noone wants to build 'em to sell, it'll sure help us fab up mine! :thumbup

·
huh
7,195 Posts
those dimensions are from mine.. not sure if they are the same for the one nobs and evil did.. guess it depends on how low you want the hole..

·
Raf is my Idol!!
1,364 Posts
plug ugly said:
here's mine.

I was thinking about using some big piece of angle iron to fortify the frame there. Or run some 1/4 plate along the bottom of the frame, but it is curved there so it may prove to be tuff. Mine has already bent on the d side (the frame that is) as I came down to hard on it while goofing off.

THat what I am using for the second attempt. I didnt like the first ones I used.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Damon's solution to lay the stock bracket back 20 to 22 degrees is probably the most cost effective, and then reinforcing it with some 1/4 inch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts