Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen factory high clearance brackets. I looked under my freinds 77 f150 high boy. They are like tucked up into the cross member and look like they would be nice with my arm extensions. I know these are factory because the guy bought the truck new and only put a 2" suspension lift on it with 35x14.50's on it. The thing sits as high as my bronco. If anyone knew where to get these that would be great.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Flexybronc said:
Has anyone ever seen factory high clearance brackets. I looked under my freinds 77 f150 high boy. They are like tucked up into the cross member and look like they would be nice with my arm extensions. I know these are factory because the guy bought the truck new and only put a 2" suspension lift on it with 35x14.50's on it. The thing sits as high as my bronco. If anyone knew where to get these that would be great.
Some pics would help if you can get any.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of the two wheel drive trucks. I will try to get some pics of these here in the next couple days.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
You mean a mount like this? -

(note - the mount is moved back farther on frame in pic cause I was mocking up the extended radius arms for the first time)

Those are the '77 and earlier 1/2 ton 4x4 radius arm mounts.

And your friends truck isn't a high-boy, it's just an F-150. High-boys are pre-mid '77 F-250s.
Ha thanks for that pic and info.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
CJW said:
My friend and another guy I know have high boys that are f-150's.
They aren't "High-Boys" They are just F-150s

High-Boys are 67-77.5 F-250 4x4s. They have divorced t-cases. They are not "lifted" from the factory, but they do sit higher than most stock trucks did. All 67-77.5 F-250 4x4s were "High-Boys". I have seen these facts I have stated and them some many times on the internet, in books and magazines, and also heard it from several Ford Truck collectors. One thing I am actually not sure of, though, is where the "High-Boy" name came from since as I sit here paging through a 1970 Ford Pickups brochure I do not see the name "High-Boy" used at all.

Here's a link to a thread where somebody else states basically everything I just did and if you search around the internet long enough you will find the same facts repeated on other Ford truck sites.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-387758-Highboy%3F

1 - 8 of 8 Posts