Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys
I'm getting ready to replace the radius arm bushings on my 93 bronco. the drivers side is falling out. I bought new energy poly bushings from summit racing and a new drivers side rear mount from ford, because the old one is oval shaped now. while at ford the parts man gave me a print out of the whole set up. this pic showed several other parts, like some kind of rear collar/spacer part number 3b463 and an insert/spacer that goes around the middle of the bushings part number 3b244. Does anyone know if these go back in when I put in the new polybushings, and if so should I replace them. since the weather has been so bad I have not been able to climb under and check them out.
thanks
Joe

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you ordered a radius arm bushing kit it will come with eveything you need. spacers washers and all. Are you going to install them yourself because you will need a grinder and a air hammer would make it easier when you bust out the rivets that hold the bracket.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Depending on the brand of kit you buy, you may need to re-use the stock pieces. There's a big flat washer on the back side of the frame mount, between the rear bushing and the large nut on the end of the radius arm. The plastic spacers inside the bushings are needed to keep the bishings in line on the radius arm on both sides of the bracket. My Daystars just came with the bushings, so I re-used the stock parts.

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I bought the energy set from summit, I will buy 2 new plastic collars just to be safe, I want to have everthing ready to go, no running out half way through if I can help it. I am planing to complete the repair myself. I have a grinder and air tools so I think I will be ok. I will let you know how I make out. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Make sure you use all new grade eight nuts and bolts......also use lock washers, or nylock nuts or something.

Some of the kits I have seen come with everything you need, and other kits I have seen you will need to reuse some of the original spacers and such.

Be sure when your done to take the truck in for a alignment.......it will be off for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Guys I completed my radius bushings, will leave the axel bushings for another time. I used the factory washer and spacers they were fine and the kit from energy did not come with them. Can anyone tell me why the driver side plastic spacer is in front of the rear bushing and the passenger side is behined the rear bushing. I thought it might be because of the exhaust pipe. I did not have any trouble with the rivits, I had a friend cut the heads off with his torch and knocked out the rest with the air hammer. The 1 1/8 radius arm bolts were a little touble but we got them off. The factory drivers side mount turned out to be good but I replaced it anyway because I bought a new one. I also was unable to find 7/16 grade 8 bolts so I had to use 1/2 inch bolts. No problem just opened up the holes a little. All and all it was an easy job just have to work safe and smart.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
bigjoe7757 said:
I also was unable to find 7/16 grade 8 bolts so I had to use 1/2 inch bolts. No problem just opened up the holes a little. All and all it was an easy job just have to work safe and smart.
The 1/2 inch bolts were grade eight though I am assuming????

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes sir, the bolts, nuts and washers were grade 8!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Diagrams online for you!

Hey Joe...

BigTim here.....I have the "OJMobile" a 95 XLT and posted almost every available diagram for Broncos (93-96 all the same except for engines) in an album in my Ford Truck Enthusiast Forums site. Dunno if you have an account and I know it's been 4 years since this thread, but have to do some radius arm bushing work AGAIN and found your post. When I have time, I'll post them in here as well but try this link and see if you can view them. There's about 56 in all. Hope they help ya brother!

BigTim - Jupiter, Florida

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/members/1995bronco351-albums-1995+bronco+351w+diagrams-picture50722-d44ifsusp.html

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Hey Joe...

BigTim here.....I have the "OJMobile" a 95 XLT and posted almost every available diagram for Broncos (93-96 all the same except for engines) in an album in my Ford Truck Enthusiast Forums site. Dunno if you have an account and I know it's been 4 years since this thread, but have to do some radius arm bushing work AGAIN and found your post. When I have time, I'll post them in here as well but try this link and see if you can view them. There's about 56 in all. Hope they help ya brother!

BigTim - Jupiter, Florida

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/members/1995bronco351-albums-1995+bronco+351w+diagrams-picture50722-d44ifsusp.html
:doh0715: his last activity was in 2008. i doubt he's going to show up. :doh0715:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts