Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the radius arm bushing on the passanger side of my 94 because the cat nuked it.will i be able to remove just the back bracket to do this or will the hole radius arm have to be removed??? :shrug

·
Registered
20 Posts
Along the same lines, I have read that in order to remove the bracket for the radius arm, you need to drill out the rivets that hold em in. How tough is it to drill em out? Are the rivets a hardened steel or something that can be drilled with the usual steel drill bit? Also, what size bolts do you use in place of em? What size bit? I would hate to have to keep redrilling the holes till I get to the right size.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Irwin- Im guessing your bronco is gonna be around a 1993. Mine is a 93 and it had bolts on the pass side too. To the other guy who wanted to know if you can drill them. I wouldnt mess around with a drill. Borrow your buddys 4.5" angle grinder and zip the head off and pound out the left over. then replace with grade 8 bolts.

·
Registered
180 Posts
what if you just had to replace the back bushing on the radius arm [ nut side only ] would u need a wheel alignment?????

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Miketnf150 said:
Don't just replace one! If you are going to do it just buy a new set of bushings and do both sides at the same time. The drilling will suck for sure. Try to find you a grinder. Lowe's has them as low as about $25.00.
As he said, and you should still get an allignment.

·
Registered
741 Posts
To save yourself time later just drill out the rivets and replace the rivets with grade 8 bolts, I was lucky mine were already replaced with bolts :chili: :chili:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts