Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side radius arm bushing decided to take a dump and cracked and ripped somehow. Still drives fine but I'm wondering if it's still safe to drive it like this for a little while?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Mine actually removed themselves last year. No big deal, just makes a hell
of alot of noise when the radius arm stud bangs aroung inside the bracket.
The washers will hold it together.

·
crank trigger
8,106 Posts
you should be ok if that big washer keeps the ra from pushing through the bracket. can't tell if your would hold cause of all that rust. get some new bushings and swap em in asap. it is easy, takes a few hours if you haven't chiseled off the rivets on the driver side. much quicker if you have already done that.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's going back to the shop probably tonight or tomorrow, if you notice that fluid leak on the ground, thats ATF. One of the gaskets failed after they re-installed the tranny so it has a slight drip. I'll have them deal with those bolts and put in a new one.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
you should be ok if that big washer keeps the ra from pushing through the bracket. can't tell if your would hold cause of all that rust. get some new bushings and swap em in asap. it is easy, takes a few hours if you haven't chiseled off the rivets on the driver side. much quicker if you have already done that.
I didnt even remove the drop brackets to replace those bushings. Just the
RA bolt and the track bar bolt at the axle. Once that track bar bolt is out
and the RA bolts the whole front diff is basically floating on coil strings aside
from the front dshaft and steering linkage.

·
crank trigger
8,106 Posts
I didnt even remove the drop brackets to replace those bushings. Just the
RA bolt and the track bar bolt at the axle. Once that track bar bolt is out
and the RA bolts the whole front diff is basically floating on coil strings aside
from the front dshaft and steering linkage.

cool. i popped off those rivets and dropped the brackets. i had the body on a jackstand and the axle on the floor jack so i could move the ra around for placement. super easy. i think now that i have both ra brackets held on with bolts it would take about 30 mins to change the bushings total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.