Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Radius arm bushings how to!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  rusty 91 
#1 ·
In the middle of putting radius arm bushing in my 92, and was just wondering if anyone has a pic of how they go together. I am a little suspect that they were installed wrong.
My Chilton has a crappy ass small pic. I also searched and did not see any clear ones, or the pics were not there anymore.
I just went with factory ones for now, as I plan a lift or SAS in the near future.
Again right in the middle of it, so any help would be great.

Thanks
Roman

#6 ·
do a search in the tech thread. also when you buy new bushings its has a diagram of how they go on. i just did mine about a month ago

#8 ·
posting that diagram was a great idea.
when i did mine there wasnt a diagram with the bushings but the order is the threaded portion goes through one bushing that goes through the bracket. then the other bushing goes on the back of the bracket. then a washer. then the nut. and on the passenger side theres a heat shield due to the cats being right there.

#10 ·
i put them by taking the sway bar brachets off the frame and taking the bolt out of the pivit points of the i beams and letting them drop down and out then wraped a come a long around the axle to a sold object and pulled. it moved it enough for me to change the bushings. i had to pull hard tho it was a lot of force

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.