Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on my 4" lift coils, already had the drop pit man arm, track bar drop and made the steering link adjustable. i put on 4 degree bushings as well. coils seem to be setting pretty straight, but i'll check them out again when i get Back tomichigan and they have had a chance to settle. my question is do i need drop brackets for the radius arms?

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Yes with 4 degree bushings. You need to look at the pinion angle and not the coils. If you don't want to run drop brackets then you need 7 degree bushings.;)

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure. jbg looks like they have some good ones that replace the stock brackets.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
Insufficent caster will cause it to wander..perhaps a lot.

Personally I hate drop brackets and am removing them from my '78 when I do the D60 conversion. They are major rock catchers...

·
Registered
689 Posts
my 78 has a 4'' lift and all it had is 4 degree c bushings and it goes down the road great!

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i may just do the c bush instead, i think that'll be cheaper

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It did go down the road fine when i drove it home, i guess i'll be able to see better after coils settle and i can drive it more. don't you get a better ride and more flex with drop brackets?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm just going to but in here.....So for a 4 inch lift you either need radius arm drop's or 7 degree bushings? One or the other will work?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got a set of drop brackets for a $100 plus shipping if you want them.
Man you gotta be quick around here! I was going to offer up a set but you beat me to it!

If you're not going to do much in the way of rock crawling I'd recommend the drop brackets. Because they make the radius arms closer to parallel with the frame they tend to give you a smoother ride than just doing the 7 degree bushings.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what i thought, and if my logic is correct, they woudl let you articulate a little more too, since the arms can move more, is that correct? i am going with the drop brackets since the c bushings i have are brand new.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Really the drop brackets wont help flex much, longer arms will though:toothless. Personally I would only run drop brackets if I went with anything above my 6" lift. There is really no advantage to running 4* Cs and drop breckets opposed to just 7* Cs. I think they look ugly and get in the way how they hang so low.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But don't i need the drop brackets to get the angle right up front? if i can just stick with the four degree bush ings and not have to buy drop brackets i'd rather do that.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
But don't i need the drop brackets to get the angle right up front? if i can just stick with the four degree bush ings and not have to buy drop brackets i'd rather do that.
Hard to say if you'll need em or not. The only real way to tell is get it up on an alignment rack and check or see how it drives without them. I have a 6" lift with 7* Cs and no drop brackets, so I'm sure you'll be fine with a 4" lift 4* Cs and no drop brackets. You might need them when all said and done though.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how will i know if i need them or not? I guess i'll put some on to be safe, and it'll probably give me a better ride too.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
If you already have some or can get them cheap, put em on. Im just sayin you're caster might be better without them. It all depends on you're lift coils, ride, pinion angle, tire wear ect. What kind of drop brackets are you gonna put on? Make sure they are no more than a 3" drop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.