Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radius arms needed ASAP!!!!

I was doing the radius arm bushings, and snapped the end off both while trying to remove the nut... soaked it over night in liquid wrench and used a torch... if anyone in the Atlanta area has a couple stock radius arms... HELP!!! please.... :banghead :banghead :banghead :cry :duh

I guess I don't know my own strength sometimes!!! LOL
Thanks...

Tom

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard to find...call some salvage yards, F-150's should work and there's tons of them! :thumbup

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh!!! knowing my luck... I'll break something else before it's all done and said... < knocking on a lot of wood > I need to get this done... road trip to Oklahoma City... I'm sure you recall that thread... LOL... Thanks bro...

Damn bushings are the original FACTORY ones... say Ford right on'em... grrrr... freak'n ten years since those nuts were even messed with... YIPPEEEE!!! The joys of being a backyard wrencher... :wacko :banghead :cry :shocked

Tom

·
Registered
632 Posts
sounds like a good excuse for a SAS :brownbag

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, if I could afford one, and if I had the time for the vehicle to be down... :( I'm all for it, the problem is I need to be driving... yesterday!!! :cry :banghead

gonna take the whole axle down to Ford and let them remove some bolts so I can get this thing back on the road.. :banghead

I've got 90% of the axle down and out... I can't seem to get the front ABS wires loose from the back of the hub... do I need to find where it plugs in?? Last Bronc I had was an 84 carbed, ran great... I should have never gotten rid of it... ahhh... live and learn...

:brownbag

·
Registered
632 Posts
what bolts need to be taken out, the ones holding the radias arm to the axel?? about the abs sensor, not really sure, mines a 85 w/ no abs so i can't haelp ya, all else fails go to your local auto parts store and buy a haynes manual, there worth their weight in gold :drinkbud

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's DONE!!! back on the road... Thanks for the tips and hopefully, I didn't mess anything up in all of this...

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season... :thumbup

:thumbup :wacko :rebelflag :santa :santa :santa

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the way to OKC and back, and no problems to report!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts