Which is gonna be better

• Hybrid of both

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to weigh this out on my next front axle upgrade and wanted some imformed opinions.
I can build a link suspension and lay it out how ever I need to, but will it really flat out outperform a good set of radius arms that I can buy already made from like James duff
My Bronco will drive to it's destination everytime distance should be no concern
I get in some pretty hairy places with it
I am leaning towards coilover front suspension
I have been gathering parts this is the next step
Front axle is a 79 D60

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
I personally think extended RA are the way to go for a rig that is street driven. Now for my 79 that rides a trailer these days I would run a link set up. I think street manners would be better on a RA set up. IMO..:thumbup

·
Registered
185 Posts
i think Radious arms are the way to go. little simpler and less parts to ware out over time. and they have lasted how long under fords from the 60's on up to the new super duties and can and do perform verry well.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did a rendering of what I want to get out of it I am figuring on 39.5 tires like an Irok or similar. The plans are with 6" up travel and 10" down leaving my ride height about where it is now. I am concerned about whether the Duff type arm will get me the movement I need for this arrangement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm currently doing a D60 swap with Cage RA's and dual shock hoops etc, and my dad runs them on his rig aswell. If you drive it on the street I'd choose RA's any day, for reasons previously stated.

Here's some pictures of my dads rig, with the cage arms to give you an idea of suspension travel.

Hope it helps :beer

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Man those are some great photos TRC.
I have saw some wicked trucks and Bronco's with RA's it looks like they just work right out of the box without a lot of Extra work.

BTW: Archer66's bronco is in fact one badass 79 I was reading over some of his tread on it.

I don't know that I want the speed as much as the handling and flex but it would be sweet to have Bronco that could do a fair job in most places and not so much purpose built.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts