Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a sas on my 1990 Bronco and I see a lot of people using the cage radius arms. I also found the James duff ones that appear to be the same, as well as the superflex extended radius arms. I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on which ones will be best for a 6 inch lift for maximum flex, and if anyone a better setup? I would really appreciate any input.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Cage arms offer one benifit that I am aware of - they offer a weld on head -

besides that -
I have had both CAGE and Duff arms laying side by side - and if you are using the "C" wedges - ie a d44 solid axle the arms are the same - There is no difference. as Plug noted CAGE designed the Duff arms while he worked for Duff - he then went out on his own.

In saying this if you are purchasing a new set of arms from either Duff or CAGE - by all means buy the Cage arms - but just because the CAGE offeres the weld on head option - no other reason - I do not believe one arm is better than the other.

and no I already sold my extra duff set of arms so I am not trying to sell anything:goodfinge

·
Registered
303 Posts
You sure did :)

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
UTIBronco said:
has anyone heard about the superflex extended radius arms?

not for a solid axle truck. better search the rest of the forum. this is a section for soild axle swaps....hence the name SAS

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
SquattyD said:
arent they more expensive than the duff/cage arms?

i see no reason to buy those. the cage arms are of superior design, strength, performance, and price.
yea, that whole kit IIRC is $759 at JBG. BlueS, you're right, just look at your pic, that cap definitely looks thinner than stock (looks like you at least get new caps, but if you MUST use these over stock ones, well....) and have what looks to be a shock mount, which for many would mean needing to cut that off. Not sure though since it looks like it has dual shock mounts behind on the arms as well. And the arms to C caps are strange....how would you attach the lower coil mount onto the top of them? Like to see pics of this installed, but in any case, for the money it's cage all the way, no questions asked.:beer

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The lower spring cups mount the the little solid block with two tapped holes in it. You just have to drill two new holes in the lower coil cups that are 90 degrees from the stock ones.These blocks are captured between the upper C bolts. The block is angled at the top to take the front to rear bow out of the springs that you get sometimes with the 78/79 Bronco. The arms are a foot longer than stock 78/79's and about 10 lbs heavier. They also have 5 degrees of built in castor. 4 wheel and Offroad installed a set on a 78/79 with four inches of lift and the wheel travel measured at the shock went form 5 3/4 to 10 inches and improved twist by 23%. They also have a nice frame to crossmember bracket since you remove the radius arm mount which originally does this. They are a nice "bolt on" arm for the 78/79 but if starting from scratch, the Cage/Duff are a better choice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts