Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some prestone rain repellant in the stocking, never used this stuff because i had heard it would leave a hazy film on the indow that you could see whne it was bright and sunny out, is it true?

does the stuff work, i might give it a try, if i dont like it, how can i remove it? acetone?

·
Registered
78 Posts
you are to polish the rub the haze once the rainex has hazed(the instructions tell you this) and if done correctly I do not see a haze when it is bright. If you do see a haze you have not polished your window well enough. I like the stuff and you can even get it in window wasaher fluid. I find if you just apply it yourself (not in the window washer fluid) it need to reaplied about once a month if you get alot of rain but it is worth it. The stuff works better the faster you go so in the city it does not do to much depending on what type of slope your window has.

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
The best winshield treatment that I have ever used is STP one shot winshield treatment! This stuff rocks and lasts for 6 months

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I use to use it all the time. I put it on just like the instructions said. After a few rain showers and no wiper use I would get the haze. If you use it then decide to stop those wipers will viberate (like when there isn't enough water on the windshield for the wipers) and drive you crazy.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Well at work this is how we do it. pour some rain-x on a sponge then cover the windshield in up and down rows. next take a clean rag and rub in the rain-x in a swirl pattern. next take windex spray it on the windshield. then rub the rain-x off and you will never have streaks or haze.

·
Registered
196 Posts
rainex is good stuff
dirt doesnt stick

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
yea i buy it in the washer fluid...then there is no manual labor involved :) even the elcheapo myers brand worked...i was surprised...i love it for cruisin 55 and above never use the wipers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yea i use rain-x and i like the stuff, hardly ever have to use the wipers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts