Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a write up on how they repaired rusted rain rails over the doors on the 80's model Broncos?

I'm planning on doing a lot of rust repair, and I the rails over my doors are looking pretty bad. I was just wondering if there was any methods that would make it less painful than I already know it will be.

I have a parts truck - should I cut a patch panel from that?

... Or did I just volunteer to do a write-up?

·
not banned
5,970 Posts
yep, he does.

Personally, it didn't really help me answer the mail on "how to shave rain gutters" though. It seemed more of a "how to repair a design flaw---cracks." Then again, could just be me.

EDIT: I see now that the OP question was how to repair a rusted gutter. MY mind's question was how to shave the gutters---sorry for confusion.

mj

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry - Steve, are you referring to the TSB for the Roof Cracks? Or did I miss the one directly relating to the rain gutters?

I was considering shaving them off all together, but the realized that would lead to leak issues, and I sort of need them for my light bar. :doh0715:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I did an aesthetic gutter shave on my '69 F100 and would not recommend generally.

The rain gutters are one of those things you never think about until they are gone, and it's raining, and you miss them.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.