Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is not weasther stripping for the hood is there? I am getting water drippin on my battery from the seam between the hood and fender.....what the hell?

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,972 Posts
pjmorgan22 said:
There is not weasther stripping for the hood is there? I am getting water drippin on my battery from the seam between the hood and fender.....what the hell?
:scratchhe So? Won't hurt anything :thumbup

Adrianspeeder

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
pjmorgan22 said:
Ive had ice and snow on mine and im still alive:thumbup

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
psygn0sis said:
are you sure its not the battery leaking ???

I don't have money for a new battery so I'm using a really really crappy one that leaks from the vent caps... AND THE TEM. POST !!!!
Soooo....your battery is leaking? You do know that's sulfuric acid, right? That it's going to eat anything it comes into contact with? Eventually that battery is going to fail catastrophically, i.e. it could cause an explosion when the plates start cracking and doing funky stuff. :shocked :chili: :shocked You'd better get a new battery SOON, or at the very least, get a used one that's not going to go boom.

Are you sure that your charging system isn't overcharging, causing the electrolyte to boil and purge it out the vents? You should NEVER have fluid coming out of those.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to know I wa just freaking out without worry. It is a new battery and I am chasing a short so i thought it MIGHT be a part of it but I guess not.

Be patient with m folks...I don't know much, just enough to break crap and hurt myself while doing it!

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
if you took a volt meter and measure across the battery top you would know if this is causing a short. Keep in mind though that the natural acid that slowly leaks out will also cause a draw/short across the top of the battery.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks......I am positive not a leak....batt is bone dry until it rains.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts