Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAIN-X is the shit, check it out...muddin pics from today

I use RAIN-X on all my vehicle windows, mirrors, and headlights, especially if I know I'm giong to be going on a trip and it might rain. Keeps the crap of the headlights, and lets you actually see out your side mirrors. I figured before we went out today, I'd throw some on my front windshield and see how it worked.

Let me tell you...I did NOT turn the wipers on ONE single time!!! As you can see from the rest of the truck...it was definitely challenged!

It works especially well if you have tint, when it rains it beads and you can see out it, instead of having just a big smeary sheet of water on the windows.

;D

Compare the front window to the side windows...I blame the muddy spots on where my buddy missed it. LOL

I'll be back later with the rest of the day. :lol:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I use Rain-X on all the mirrors, but not the windshield. I used to, but if you do you can't use the wipers with it because it removes it. (no matter what they say on the bottle)
Looks like it worked great with the mud though. Must have been a real watery mud

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was watery-mud...there isn't any real MUD I've found yet down here in Texas, at least none that I'm confident enough to take this thing out into yet. I've got to say I'm REALLY impressed with how it's worked out though. I got to pull 3 people out today. :lol: It probably wouldn't work as well with the chunky mud, but, for what we have here to work with, it seems to work great.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a bunch of videos, I'll have to compilate/edit them first then I'll post that.

BRAND new nice chrome air filter, so much for that! I guess it's time for a snorkel, or some other means of getting air in there eh?

Some guys out there wheeling beer in one hand, steering wheel in the other LOL. Sucks to get stuck in mud UNDER your hub-level! He had a big bumper & hitch in the back that dragged.

He hooked the chain up to his brush guard, and the bumper bolts pulled through the bumper. He didn't give a shit, he just kept on tromping through the puddles. :lol:

1st customer of the day pulled out, assessing the bumper damage...

I trashed my battery. This bungee cord hold-down is no good. The battery bumped around, and landed on an angled piece of metal, and put a hole in there. Every time the battery touched the mud/water under it, it started fizzling. Wonder if Wal-Mart will honor the warranty if I clean it off. haha! I had to put this bottle here, because that POS terminal was bumping the fender, the little plastic plug fell out.

Yeah...have a little cleaning to do.

Can't see shit!

Hi...I've got a 2WD Nissan, but I'm going to go through it anyways! This guy got stuck twice, I ended up pulling him out once.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one was hilarious. These 2 chicks took one of the guys Broncos out, and got it stuck in some DEEP shit. I went down to pull them out, and when I was pulling them, the drivers side dropped off the little "island" they were on, and into ~4' deep of water, I thought FOR SURE that thing was going to roll over onto it's side. One headlight was almost completely under water!!! But, pulled them out no problem.

Heeeeeeeeeey man...can I hook up muh rope to ya?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
You should be their salesman, you got me sold.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
since it works that well next time i go play in the mud i am going to pour that shit all over me cause i come home filthy

·
Registered
940 Posts
i made the mistake of using rain-x with silicone wipers. the first time it rained, the silicone from the wipers sat on top of the rain-x (or vice versa) and i couldn't see shit. i had to clean the glass with some serious stuff to be able to see again.

after seeing the pics in this thread, i am gonna put it on the rest of my windows :thumbup

·
Explorer driving
4,192 Posts
usedpets said:
:thumbup Thats what they make rain-x windshield wiper fluid for works just as good!

Agreed, I use Rain-X washer fluid and it kicks a$$:thumbup !

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha that's because you're not supposed to use your wipers with RAIN-X :D

I checked it out this morning. The places with RAIN-X, I can just wipe my hand over the window and the mud and spots come right off. Where there is no RAIN-X, I think I have to chisel it :thumbup

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
why don't you rainX the whole damn truck and see if the mud sticks next time you take it out. It would be cool to go plowing through the mud and driveout the other side still shiny clean.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I too am a fan of Rain-X's wiper fluid, no hassles and it's cheaper than the Rain-X in the bottles.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Might just give that a shot. :popc1:

We went riding out there (motorcycles) to see what was going on, because they said there's a lot more trucks on Sunday, but there wasn't much. A Jeep full of MUDDY chicks pulled up, the driver I recognized as the girl that called the cops for us that night that jackass hit my Dodge Ram...who as I explained in the last post, was too damn drunk to uh, you know, a couple years ago. :lol: Those same girls we pulled out last night were out there again today...got stuck 2 more times in the 20 minutes we were there. :whiteflag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts