Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to raise my bronco front end 3/4 of an inch. That would level it perfect. I was going to drop the coil buckets but the drivers side one is welded to the frame. Leveling springs will raise the front higher than the rear I dont want that look plus they ride a lot rougher than the stock springs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just out of curiosity what lift do you have in the rear, and how old are your springs?

Maybe your coil springs are sagging and simply replacing them will level her out. But if you have an add-a-leaf in the rear it might be easiest to just remove that.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,037 Posts
I was told 3/4 ton coils will lift it about 3/4 of an inch and after stripping the 3/4 ton I have for the same reason I noticed it would be fairly easy to add an inch or so space under the spring, unless I missed something looking at it. I need about 1-1/2 of lift as I have one ton rear springs.... and yes it rides like shit empty.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,560 Posts
The 78/79's do not have a goofy coil end like the TTB trucks. Therefore you can cut the end which goes into the lower coil cup until the truck sits to you liking.

You can also simply un-bolt the lower coil cups, and add a spacer there too, with longer bolts. Likely be easiest. I would get new lower buckets from either Duff or Wild Horses, and weld the spacers onto them. These buckets are made of much thicker metal then stock ones. Is why I suggest that, if running a spacer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 78/79's do not have a goofy coil end like the TTB trucks. Therefore you can cut the end which goes into the lower coil cup until the truck sits to you liking.

You can also simply un-bolt the lower coil cups, and add a spacer there too, with longer bolts. Likely be easiest. I would get new lower buckets from either Duff or Wild Horses, and weld the spacers onto them. These buckets are made of much thicker metal then stock ones. Is why I suggest that, if running a spacer.
This sounds like the best idea in my opinion. With spacers you're usually worried about them getting spit out in different situations but welded onto the replaceable lower coil mount everything is secure. Also, you can just replace the lower coil mount if you need to adjust or revert.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bronco is stock height. I changed front springs last year from another 79 bronco with some aftermarket front coils I had. It did not make any difference. It just has the stock rake look right now. I would just like to have it level

·
Registered
12 Posts
There use to be a shop on the west coast that specialized in eb parts that used to make .25 and .50 tapered shims to level the lower coil bucket and provide some lift, but I have achieved the same by simply using nuts under the lower coil bucket...just be sure to use grade 8 bolts for the lower mount bolts.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,560 Posts
I have the shims from that shop on mine. They work good.
I agree on the nuts being a solution as well, Though for the way I use mine I would not trust it. Likely be perfectly fine on more or a street truck or mild offroader though. You could even user a stack of washers, at the very least you can do this to easilly figure out what you need ot add to make it level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts