Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

OMF
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well with the Bronco being pretty much done (odds and ends to finish up) I started looking for a '63 Falcon a couple of months ago. Every one I found was either way over priced or a total junker and way over priced!

Yesterday the search ended, I found a relatively clean '63 in Flagstaff and it turns out Cstrike knows the guy selling it and he also is Bronco lover!!

I am driving down to get her on Sunday, probably gonna meet up with Phil for lunch, I won't have the Bronco though :cry

Here is the prize :toothless

Not sure on color yet, but it will be a darker color, possibly something similar to this

I love the blacked out chrome bumpers and trim, definitely going that direction.

Stay tuned!!

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Well... that's a totally different way to go. Looks like a pretty decent starting place.
Look forward to watching it unfold.

Registered
Congrats on the new project.

Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
falcons are cool..nice score.:thumbup

I did all for the Nookie
Cool dude. I will be subscribing to this thread.

OMF
Discussion Starter #8
Cleaned out and rearranged the garage after work today to get ready for the addition, getting excited! I will be hanging some shelves above the work area to organize some of the storage on the big shelf so I can use it for parts.

Registered
Well with the Bronco being pretty much done (odds and ends to finish up) I started looking for a '63 Falcon a couple of months ago. Every one I found was either way over priced or a total junker and way over priced!

Yesterday the search ended, I found a relatively clean '63 in Flagstaff and it turns out Cstrike knows the guy selling it and he also is Bronco lover!!

I am driving down to get her on Sunday, probably gonna meet up with Phil for lunch, I won't have the Bronco though :cry

Here is the prize :toothless

Stay tuned!!
I dont know you and you dont know me............but I dont like you.

Because I am jealous.

Nice catch. :thumbup

Not sure on color yet, but it will be a darker color, possibly something similar to this

I love the blacked out chrome bumpers and trim, definitely going that direction.
^^^that car is gorgeous. The simple monochrome scheme suits those cars very well. Assume youre thinking about shaving the door handles as well...like the pic.

OMF
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know you and you dont know me............but I dont like you.

Because I am jealous.

Nice catch. :thumbup
This is awesome!! :histerica

^^^that car is gorgeous. The simple monochrome scheme suits those cars very well. Assume youre thinking about shaving the door handles as well...like the pic.
Yes I will be shaving everything, all emblems and handles, I also like the bumpers, at first I also thought monchrome, but they are black which I like even better.

Forward Some Money
Welcome to the Falcon family!
Looks like a nice solid car! Nothing like a dry climate car.

Plans for a V8? .....or suspension upgrades?

I've had quite a few Falcons, but of the 64-65 gen. in different body styles. Currenty stuck on wagons. I was thinking about building a round body convertible, but haven't had the time to finish my current projects. Keep us updated.

OMF
Discussion Starter #12
I will be going with an Explorer 5.0, fully rebuilt of course.
All of the suspension will be redone, going with a coil over conversion front and rear, probably 4 link the rear.
Needs to be lowered 4-5 inches front and 3-4 inches rear.

This will end up costing quite a bit more than the Bronco did since most of the front suspension will have to come from a kit, but that also includes the rack and pinion and new spindles for a 5 lug set up so it is worth it.
The rear I can do the majority if not all of the fab work there.

Probably going to need to roll the rear fenders to get the wheels tp tuck in nicely, that should be fun.

Forward Some Money
I will be going with an Explorer 5.0, fully rebuilt of course.
All of the suspension will be redone, going with a coil over conversion front and rear, probably 4 link the rear.
Needs to be lowered 4-5 inches front and 3-4 inches rear.

This will end up costing quite a bit more than the Bronco did since most of the front suspension will have to come from a kit, but that also includes the rack and pinion and new spindles for a 5 lug set up so it is worth it.
The rear I can do the majority if not all of the fab work there.

Probably going to need to roll the rear fenders to get the wheels tp tuck in nicely, that should be fun.
Good picks.
I have a ~ 94ish 5.0 H.O. Ford crate and an AOD. :thumbup
I used a Rod & Custom Motorsports MII conversion with 2" drop. Great people.
I had the rear springs de-arched. It's not as responsive as a 4 link, but I like the ride. I could finish it if I could make myself stop driving it.
Good luck!

OMF
Discussion Starter #15
Thought of the MII front end, but hear the motor moves up and forward and you don't get as much drop, thoughts?

Got some pic of the set up?

Forward Some Money
Most of the drop on mine is through the spindles. It sits pretty low, I wouldn't want it much lower unless it was on bags. As it is, I used an off-the-shelf Mustang dual 'H" pipes setup and they hang down and scrape on some approaches.

I saw the Fatman kit that describes the engine moving forward. I don't think that's an issue with the R&C. There wasn't/isn't a lot of space in front anyway. I did use the short nose 94-95 water pump which requires a different timing cover. It was part of a March Performance kit. It was a huge waste. Anyway, I think the engine is pretty close to the original location. I'll see if I can compare the placement with the converted wagon with my other one which is stock.

Other than the pulley kit, I used most of the accessories from one of the 2 5.0s I bought before I bit the bullet and bought the Ford crate. I kept it a fulie unlike most people that convert to a carb.

I'll snap some pics or find a link.

OMF
Discussion Starter #17
The R&C set up is what I will most likely go with, too many excluded parts on the Fatman set up for the money and he uses the shock towers. I like the R&C that allows the towers to be removed for more space in the bay.

Forward Some Money
The R&C set up is what I will most likely go with, too many excluded parts on the Fatman set up for the money and he uses the shock towers. I like the R&C that allows the towers to be removed for more space in the bay.
I would use the R&C again in a heartbeat. When I had questions, they were always happy to help. When I was considering their rearend conversion, he told me that if I was just going to cruise, the leaf setup was a better ride.

I was happy to lose the shock towers. I would plan to tie the front/rear frame together, but I imagine you already had that in mind if you're doing a 4 link. I used the Crites sub frame connector and was impressed by the improvement.

FYI, in case you haven't heard of them, Crites has a lot of cool Ford parts for Falcons etc.

OMF
Discussion Starter #19
Cool, thanks for the link, I will have to check that out.
I am planning to fab my own frame connector and a new stabilizer for under the hood after the shock towers get cut out.

Forward Some Money
Drove my wagon up to get a cup of coffee. Guy walked up and offered me a '63 convertible....but it has been sitting in a field for years. No thanks!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts