Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever heard of ram assist steering on a ttb axle is it even possible ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bin done many times on a single swingset setup. On the stock or even ambulance gear it would bend them in a heartbeat. Its gotta be thick wall dom tubing or your just waisting money.
agreed after looking at it thanks for the info

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
playing with the possibility I know sas would be the way to go im just looking at something different

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
out here the desert of Arizona we have a awesome mix of wide open go fast area and a good bit of rock crawling go slow super flex stuff. I'm trying to be able to handle both fairly decently the setup I'm running now is great for the fast stuff but lacking in the slow from where I want to be. I need to do gears with lockers front and rear. Before I do that I want to strengthen the steering so I can actually turn the 35s when the front is locked

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm fairly certain its 100% bolt on as long as you replace everything. That means draglink sleeves and tre's. Iirc the ambulance stuff is 1" or 1-1/8".

I did a saginaw power steering pump on the four door and it turns my 35's with one finger. Might be something to look into and try before you ram it.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
:topic

Is the ambulance drag link (R inner tie rod end) a 100% direct bolt-in swap for the standard 1/2-ton part? Or is it also necessary to change the adjusting sleeve & R outer?
I did the right and I had to buy the adjuster and tierod end. I heard you can just spread the adjuster, but I didn't like the sound of that. I certainly would not try to spread just one side of the adjuster. (Keeping the outer tierod end)

You don't have to change the left drag or end. I will upgrade them when they ware out. But I don't see as much benefit there.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
If you look at his setup he has go fast goodies. Hydro asst is a great addative to prerunners.
Never thought of needing assist for the go fast crowd, hmmm I guess that makes sense.

Another mentioned the sag swap and I also did the same thing. It made a huge improvement. You might want to look into that, it would be cheaper, easier, and lighter. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never thought of needing assist for the go fast crowd, hmmm I guess that makes sense.

Another mentioned the sag swap and I also did the same thing. It made a huge improvement. You might want to look into that, it would be cheaper, easier, and lighter. Just something to think about.
I havnt done much looking at the sag pump is that something that came in a different year model or is that a company name ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts