Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the tie rod moun side for my ram welded straight to the tie rod, whihc made oe adjustmens impossible because he ears hi the diff if you ried to turn the tie rod

So, using 1.5" 120 wall tube, i made this clamp. he 1.5 ube slides perfectly over the 1.25 tie rod. i then used .25 plate welded on for he clamp, and then rewelded the ram mouns to the clamp. I ue .5 or so pieces as "alignment pieces. these pieces will be spot welded to the tie rod, to keep the calmp from sliding if that were to happen (wont know for a while yet)

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
very slick idea! however I kinda think it will want to slide on you due to the forces of the ram. but what do I know since I dont even have a ram

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I was wondering if the force of the ram could cause the clamp to slide. Maybe you could weld collars to the tube on both ends of the clamp that would keep the clamp from sliding either way, but would still allow for turning the tube when adjustments were needed.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats why those collars are on there. i dont really think sliding will be an issue, as conditions would have to be just right to allow the collar to slide, BUT, Im still gonna tack weld those collars in place, about 1/4" away just in case. The ram wont push the collar linearly along the tie rod, but at an angle instead, which I think will just cause the clamp to "bite" on the tierod even more. But, thats just an uneducated guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts