Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished it tonight, haven't even had time to drive the truck on it. Don't be too impressed, this is some serious booty-fab. First time I ever built anything this large (the feet are 13'4" long and the ramp is 14'3" long). I figured out that my concrete floor isn't perfect (no surprise) and its' difficult to build anything this big and make it square and true without some sort of a jig... or something. Anyway, it'll probably end up in the dirt where it'll sink right in, and I've no doubt it's plenty strong enough for the Bronco, so I'm happy.

Tanya thinks camera is fun:

More or less followed the specs here:
http://www.highriders.ca/documents/rti_ramp.htm

There's about $170 of steel in there, really not too bad I thought; I was expecting more.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
bring it out to Cali and we'll ramp my super sicky TTB:thumbup

looks killer, can't wait for some pics with your rig on it

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
very nice, I have been pondering building one since I have the space to put it now.

I bet its pretty heavy, how do you plan to move it around?

·
Registered
156 Posts

Personally i like how we did it but thats just my opinion
And ours could be thrown in the back of a truck and taken with us !!!

:thumbup

Matt --

Ps please dont flame me becuase of the serious danger that produces

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Booty fab, indeed. You know it's going to take more than tack welds to hold that together, right? Just because you own a welder doesn't mean you have any business trying to fabricate anything.

Did you even check to see if it would fit back outside through those tiny bay doors?

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts

Is that the TTB hanging on the wall? Is that like mounting a kill?

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I hate to tell you, But, My Stock ttb could ramp that whole thing....Blindfolded.

Looks really good. Cant wait to see your rig on there...And get some of your buddies rigs, since the moab shots showed alot of bronks with similar setups..

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
how bout some braces from the top of the middle support to the bottom of the front? What are you going to finish the ramp surface with?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You might consider putting some castors/ wheels on the tall end cross brace. Mount them so when your pickup the low end the wheels allow you the roll it. When it is flat they are off the ground. That way you could move it much easier.

Oh and get wheels with some serious tread so you can get through mud and snow.:thumbup

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOBS! said:
how bout some braces from the top of the middle support to the bottom of the front? What are you going to finish the ramp surface with?
Why, and possibly nothing, or expanded steel. We'll see how it goes. I'm not concerned with accurate ramp scores, just want to be able to check shock lengths and such.

As for moving it, it's not too bad. Yes, it's heavy... but drags fairly easily with me and Tanya. But we just put it on three pieces of black PVC pipe and rolled it around; same way we moved the very large wood scaffolding we used to put up the shop.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SMOOTH said:
Is that the TTB hanging on the wall? Is that like mounting a kill?
Yes and yes. Gives the shop character :thumbup

1 - 20 of 35 Posts