Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my 6 inch lift on and come to find out that the off-road place that sold my shocks to Astra (she gave me the rest of my lift for X-mas) gave me the wrong front-front shocks. They are the same as the front-rear shocks, and I know they are different because the front-front have a longer mounting distance.

Anywho, anyone with a 6 inch lift with Rancho RS5000's on, could you please take a gander at the part number stamped on the shock for the front-front shock? I want to return the wrong ones and get the correct ones and I'm hoping to get that done today.

Thanks for all the help.

MM

PS I did search.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
5234 front-front. 5179 front-rear. But those are not what Rancho lists. I got them because they were a little longer but with the same mounts.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured it was not what Rancho listed, the place where Astra got the shocks from are a bunch of Heepers, so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't know better to get the correct part. Anyways, I'll be getting those swapped out asafp.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Where'd ya go to get them???? or do we not wanna know???

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Southern Off-road

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Where are they at?? Might wanna go check the place out... if ya need any help... I'm over in L'ville... :rebelflag

Later man...

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe they are in Alpharetta. Thanks for the offer, we are pretty much done. I think I'm going to have to get new leafs, cause we had to remove the shim and the towing package leaf and so with the blocks it only added 2 inches to the back. When I put the Hyper shackles on, it will level it out, but I was hoping to not have to have any blocks at all. Anyways, I will do a full write up when I get the pics developed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts