Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the windows in my new rabbit tinted today and figured I'd show it off. I also had a couple pictures from the other day at work. We had to test/put a load on a machine and figured what better way to do it than hook up another machine and pull each other. here we go.

having to pose.

Getting ready to hook up

hooked up, I used the one on the left. those tires are 73" by 27".

Co worker making sure the cable is tight. 1/2" cable wrapped 7 times throught the hitches.

only his front axle would pull

digging holes 27" wide and 5" deep

after pulling the axle we found that the diff carrier housing was broken, part of the diff is still bolted onto the ring gear. That ring gear is 21" in diameter. sorry crappy phone picture.

All in all that had to be the best diagnostic procedure ever. the machines have 475hp, not sure what the torque is (incredibly high) but when you pull in 1st gear out of the 18 available, the thing is unstoppable, Talk about granny gear. Wish I had a video or picture of me spinning all 8 of my tires. Its amazing how expesnive parts on these things are. We first thought the tranny was causing the complaints, so before we spent $43,000 on a new one or spend the time rebuilding it, we had to do what ever it takes to test some of the machines here. usually an axle is close to $20K, we'll most likely rebuild it though unless it under warranty. These are they days when I REALLY enjoy my job.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Do you work for Deere or an independant company?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
cool

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I find it highly ironic you are posing in a Ford shirt next to a VW Rabbit.

Sweet John Deeres.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a pic of the axle from a different 9520.
Measures 10' 1" from end to end

Try Breaking that axle shaft.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Awesome, I was just wondering, since your profile says you live in FoCo where and who you worked for. Looking to get on the apprenticeship program with Wagner/CAT out here out off Smith Rd and Airport Rd

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do live in Fort Collins. I work For Colorado Machinery off of I-25 and HWY14.
thesoundmaster- I work with a guy who worked down there at Wagner. Seems like they have a pretty good program, you get a toolbox and I believe tools if you stay there for two years. Of course since I work for the competition, I normaly hear the bad stuff about how they run things at Wagner, i.e since they're so big they don't give a S$&# about the "Little Guy". From some of the shop managers I've met, they seemed kind of arogant. But, I'm sure you can go places there and make some Mooola doing it if your good at what you do. I know we don't offer a program like that but they definitely offer schooling. I've been to the John Deere Davenport Factory for certifications, been to the proving grounds in Arizona, and even Albubuerque for classes. All paid for by the company.
PoopyPants- I've kept an eye out for a white bronco rollin around town that looks like yours, theres been times when I wanted to yell out poopy pants to the driver to see if they would know what I'm talking about. where you located? I'm about a block north of Cafe Bluebird on whitcomb and myrtle.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I'm at Shields and Vine but drive a whole lot on Shields near campus. I've got the Hi-Lift on the spare tire rack now along with a 5 foot firestik whip. Just yell out Gunn...if I hear that I turn around.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool man. mines kinda easy to spot. Two tone brown, 35's no lift, light rack, high lift on the tire carrier as well and a 4 foot firestik. I'm usually running down college and north of campus. but now that I have the new ride, I won't be driving the turd as much.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I do live in Fort Collins. I work For Colorado Machinery off of I-25 and HWY14.
thesoundmaster- I work with a guy who worked down there at Wagner. Seems like they have a pretty good program, you get a toolbox and I believe tools if you stay there for two years. Of course since I work for the competition, I normaly hear the bad stuff about how they run things at Wagner, i.e since they're so big they don't give a S$&# about the "Little Guy". From some of the shop managers I've met, they seemed kind of arogant. But, I'm sure you can go places there and make some Mooola doing it if your good at what you do. I know we don't offer a program like that but they definitely offer schooling. I've been to the John Deere Davenport Factory for certifications, been to the proving grounds in Arizona, and even Albubuerque for classes. All paid for by the company.
PoopyPants- I've kept an eye out for a white bronco rollin around town that looks like yours, theres been times when I wanted to yell out poopy pants to the driver to see if they would know what I'm talking about. where you located? I'm about a block north of Cafe Bluebird on whitcomb and myrtle.
Yeah one of my real good buddy's works at Wagner and did the program. He likes it, makes fairly good money for what he does, and says the hardest part of the job is actually fulfilling the requirement with regards to your comitment to them after school. He said like 5 years or something of that nature. On the plue, you have 5 years time with them of job security so it works out as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts