Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of no where my bronco will just start to have a sparatic idle. Truck will run fine for weeks, then all of a sudden at idle the Rpm will jump up and down a bit. Sometimes it will almost stall out, then a few seconds later everything is fine and it will not happen for the rest of the day. Just before it happened again but the truck died. It started back up but a few seconds later died again. They it took a while to crank over, I had to give it a little gas to get it to turn over. I took it out to lunch right after it started again and it seemed to run fine again. Stopped at auto zone and bought some sea foam, poured a can into the gas tank and 1/2 can into the crank. Going to do the brake boost line when i get home. Going to give it a few days to work and then change the oil.
What could it be? IAC?

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Could be, but first pull codes from the PCM and see what's going on. You can go to www.fordfuelinjection.com for FREE code explanations, plug connector location etc. etc. :doh0715:

There's a number of threads on "how to" clean an IAC so that might be a cheap way to start, if so replace the gasket and only use TB cleaner and don't fry the solenoid make sure it's all evaporated before you hook it back up. :banghead

Multimeter for voltage test etc. check the Haynes.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,492 Posts
Damnit - my truck does the same exact thing... I just keep waiting and wishing it goes away....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts