Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '95 bronco 351 maybe e4od tranny?

Well, while driving down the road doesn't matter how fast your going, it'll stall completely out. Sometimes it'll just start back up all be itself but I usually have to put it in neutral and then crank her over and most of the time it will start back up while coasting. Sometimes it won't start back up right away so I'll just keep cranking until it does. One time it stalled near an intersection, and some guy stopped and pushed me out of the road and into a parking lot. While he was pushing me I cranked it over and it started right up and the truck acted like nothing happened. I have no idea what this random stalling is, but it's really tickin me off. I replaced the fuel pump thinking it was that but it still stalls. If someone could help me out that would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 83 was doing something similar to that and then one day, had smoke coming from my steering coloumn. Needless to says while i was replacing it all, t was caused by a shorted wire that was rubbed by the tilt. dont know if it is where your problem lies but mine dont do it anymore.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I've got a '95 bronco 351 maybe e4od tranny?

Well, while driving down the road doesn't matter how fast your going, it'll stall completely out. Sometimes it'll just start back up all be itself but I usually have to put it in neutral and then crank her over and most of the time it will start back up while coasting. Sometimes it won't start back up right away so I'll just keep cranking until it does. One time it stalled near an intersection, and some guy stopped and pushed me out of the road and into a parking lot. While he was pushing me I cranked it over and it started right up and the truck acted like nothing happened. I have no idea what this random stalling is, but it's really tickin me off. I replaced the fuel pump thinking it was that but it still stalls. If someone could help me out that would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Dan
Yep, you've got an E4OD. Have your TFI module tested at a parts store, and have them run the test a few times so that it heats up and simulates a driving condition.

Pull codes... also, just out of curiousity, but could you explain what random thought drove you to replace the fuel pump? Just a random whim? Did you check fuel pressure, or do any kind of diagnosis, or just figure spending a couple hundred on a fuel pump was a fun thing to do?

the chinese
Sometimes you post shit, and it's worthy of someone slapping you in the face. Keep the level of dumb to a minimum please.

My 83 was doing something similar to that and then one day, had smoke coming from my steering coloumn. Needless to says while i was replacing it all, t was caused by a shorted wire that was rubbed by the tilt. dont know if it is where your problem lies but mine dont do it anymore.
A shorted wire to the ignition switch could definitely cause it. As the wire would heat up, resistance would rise, and eventually open the circuit. Most likely not the same problem he's having though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had other cars do this. First thing i would do is install a fuel pressure gauge. if that checked out i would carry a spare spark plug and a wire to junp the starter relay. When the car would stall i would jump out pull off a spark plug boot install spare plug and jump the relay with the key on. If no spark but after it cools alittle and spark comes back it might be the coil. TFI are known bad on mustangs and cause all kind of issues make sure its good and has heat sink compound on it to help keep it cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts