Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys do you know if you put a ranger body on a fulsize frame can you still make it streetable? i have an 82 f150 that i do not have a title to. i wanna do a ranger swap but i need to know if i can still street it. oh and im in florida if that makes any difference.
thanks for any help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I'm not certain but I think that you'd still need to get a title for the body in order to get tags. I'm really not sure how they look at the vehicle for registration purposes but I think it's the VIN# on the body, not the chassis. Give Joe Tedders office a call and they'll be able to tell you for sure.

BTW, welcome to the board.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
What does this have to do with Broncos at all? :shrug

·
Registered
664 Posts
hey guys do you know if you put a ranger body on a fulsize frame can you still make it streetable? i have an 82 f150 that i do not have a title to. i wanna do a ranger swap but i need to know if i can still street it. oh and im in florida if that makes any difference.
thanks for any help guys.
why the fvck would you want to do this anyway?

·
Super Moderator
25,823 Posts
yo,
Believe it or not..done by one of the most tech knowledgeable guys here or anywhere...
93 Ranger Cab in an 88
Source: by Dustin S (Dustball, Mellow Yellow, Mr. Laser Boy) at FSB

93 Ranger Cab pics in an 88
Source: by Dustin S (Dustball, Mellow Yellow, Mr. Laser Boy) at ylobronc.users.superford.org

btw, I recall my dad and Uncle swapping bodies. engines and all other stuff in La Salle's, Caddies, Fords and so on for friends when $$$ was non-existent, back in da days --- they used whatever they could get.. mostly for free from yard owners who were vets too.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I remember back in the late 70's or early 80's my Uncle creating a "Butchered Beast" by putting the body of a Triumph TR250( or maybe 5) onto the chassis of an old AMC Eagle 4x4 car. He said it was a near straight bolt on job since the wheel base was the same. It was kinda neat to this 10 year old boy to go 4 wheeling and off roading in a British Sports car. Maybe that's why my first car was a MK3 TR Spitfire.

edit. That brought back memories of a few Butchered Beats I'd seen later on where people had taken Spits like I drove and grafted them on to Suzuki Samurai chassis of which I also drove for a short while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts