Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/RANT]
This morning around 8:30 i was in the parking lot at DTCC my school driving my 91 BKO. Driving about 10 mph max down the lane and a girl in a 94 plymoth decided to turn left within 20 feet of me. She pulled halfway into my lane before she stopped when she finally saw me:doh0715: ...I slammed on the brakes for about a half a second(maybe) before i hit her.. Actually my front bumper barely hit her and my drivers side tire drove on her bumper(was basically sitting on her headlight)..:rockon I made sure she was Okay and backed off her little car. I parked to the side and found no damage whatsoever to my bumper:thumbup ...Her car (POS) had a cracked bumper, headlight was pushed way in and the hood was all dented. I made sure she was alright and public safety showed up and took info. She agreed that it was her fault 100% bc she blatently pulled out infront of me. Accident was non-reportable and 100% her fault so no need for my insurance info. Then as she is on the phone w/ her white trash step-dad he says "If he doesnt give you his insurance information im calling the cops, get his license plate # im getting him arrested for leaving the scene yadayadayada"... I laughed and said are you serious??? Got on the phone with him and calmly explained that i worked for an insurance adjustment company and i was a firefighter... i had dealt with more accidents that he had dreamed of seeing. He continued to claim he was gonna call the police so i said WTF and gave her my insurance info... Security let me know that they would have a report for both parties soon and that it was not my fault...

anyways i just thought it was funny and i have this funny feeling they are gonna try to blame me... i cant wait to beat them in court and laugh in there face.. IM just glad my bronco took no damage and that i actually pretty much drove on her hood:thumbup

it takes a telephone pole at 25mph + some snow to dent a FSB bumper:banghead

anyways just ranting

[/rant]

dc

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I doubt you were going 10mph

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
Ya that sucks...just got hit by a girl in a honda...she took a left turn right in to the side of my company truck...idiot boy friend gets out and trys to blame it on me...saying I was speeding...I tell the fool that it doesnt matter how fast I'm going your girlfriend hit me...He then wants to call the PD...I tell him go ahead all the witnesses state its her fault...his tune changed after that.

·
3,419 Posts
that sucks, at least you were there though. i went my truck saturday to find that the drivers door and fender were dented in. probably a drunk on friday night. the door pulled out with the mirror, but i haven't touched the fender

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
She'll report it, your insurance will go up. You should have let him call the cops. You might want to call your insurance company.

·
Registered
952 Posts
SouthFloridaBronco85 said:
Too bad you didn't get pics of your truck parked on her front end.

yea wtf? no flex pics?:goodfinge

·
Registered
784 Posts
if you ever get hit by sum1 either

1) making a left
2) in the rear
3) backing up

its ALWAYS their fault. you can be doing 100mph down the block and leave 100ft skid marks from stopping. if they make a left in front of you and u hit them, its their fault.

secondly, i agree..the front bumper is quite durable. my bronco mounted a thunderbird like it wanted to make a mustang II with it and nothing happened to my truck. the rear bumper however is another story. ive never actually seen a bronco with a straight factory bumper.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Was it a dumb blonde chick on meth?
JK

I think the rules are different when it is on private property than on roads.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was some gangsta girl driving a saturn..she got out wearing a full head to toe red ECHO sweatsuit...wow:rofl:

it was 10 mph...maybe 15...but 10 sounds better for the report lol...no cops were called...they couldnt be called...they wont show up because it is on private property...the security that the property owns did come and are filing a report

no flex pics...my mostly stock suspension prolly had the back tire off the ground when my front was on her hood:thumbup

i just thought it was funny bc she was being a total pain in the A$$ and all and her stepdad on the phone...another PITA...then were swapping insurance and not only was her card expired but it was for the wrong vehicle. It was for a 91 plymoth...not the 94 saturn she was driving...so i laughed all day long

dc

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
If she's a minor, sue her dad for a new front bumper to replace your "damaged" one.........and maybe loss of wages and whatever else......:shrug

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
marv said:
If she's a minor, sue her dad for a new front bumper to replace your "damaged" one.........and maybe loss of wages and whatever else......:shrug
I'm with marv. kick their asses (in court) and teach them a lesson.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
i just thought it was funny bc she was being a total pain in the A$$ and all and her stepdad on the phone...another PITA...then were swapping insurance and not only was her card expired but it was for the wrong vehicle. It was for a 91 plymoth...not the 94 saturn she was driving...so i laughed all day long

dc

I'm confused here, why do you say its a 94 saturn when you said it was 94 plymouth in the first post?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You should never leave or let the other party leave if insurance info does not exactly match their vehicle or is no longer valid. That is worth a police call.

If it were me I'd be on the phone to their insurance company to verify the insurance and start a claim.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
miketrains03 said:
if you ever get hit by sum1 either

1) making a left
2) in the rear
3) backing up

its ALWAYS their fault.
In california they have a little rule about hitting someone making a left in front of you.. If you hit them in the middle and forward twards the front of the car it's their fault, but if you hit them in twards the back of their car it's your fault.. They look at it you have enough reaction time to slow down not to hit them.. (I know it sux, but that's how it is)

·
Registered
871 Posts
marv said:
Sue, sue, sue.....what a bunch of bullshit. He didn't say his bumper was damaged, didn't say he was hurt, didn't talk about lost wages. But you want to suggest to sue somebody. Why the Fawk do you think our insurance rates continue to rise......yep frivolous law suits.:banghead I mostly just lurk on this forum, but I have been a member since the days of MBB and that is one of the most stupid peices of advice I have seen you give(besides your political crap:goodfinge )

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Lookinfurfun said:
Sue, sue, sue.....what a bunch of bullshit. He didn't say his bumper was damaged, didn't say he was hurt, didn't talk about lost wages. But you want to suggest to sue somebody. Why the Fawk do you think our insurance rates continue to rise......yep frivolous law suits.:banghead I mostly just lurk on this forum, but I have been a member since the days of MBB and that is one of the most stupid peices of advice I have seen you give(besides your political crap:goodfinge )
+1 the kid deserves nothing from the accident. nobody got hurt nothing go broke it doesnt matter

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
marv said:
ScorpionBoy said:
I'm with marv. kick their asses (in court) and teach them a lesson.
I'm speechless. :twak :twak

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
Lookinfurfun said:
Sue, sue, sue.....what a bunch of bullshit. He didn't say his bumper was damaged, didn't say he was hurt, didn't talk about lost wages. But you want to suggest to sue somebody.
Strictly tongue-in-cheek. Wouldn't stand a chance in court, but suggesting a law suit to the girl's Dad, and simply contacting her insurance company would certainly be a fun thing to do.

Makes me think of my neighbor's daughter - a new driver. Rear-ended our only town doctor with her new new Ford Ranger. Then I almost T-boned her when she jerked out in front of me from a side road. Told Kelly, her Dad, but I got not much more than a shrug!

Next time, I'll hit her instead of the brakes...:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts