Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 351 that is basically stock. I purchased it new and about every 5000- 7000 miles the front brakes will start to pulse and the rotors will be warped. Is everyone having this same experience?
Is there some fix for this that is readily available?
Thanks.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Not trying to flame you here, but do you hit a lot of curbs or drive on Really bumpy roads?? A hard impact while the brakes are hot can cause the rotors to warp, but if it happens that often I think your roads really must suck around there.......

I know you said basicly stock, but have you changed rims, or anything that might be causing heat to build up?????

What kind of driving do you do??? Mostly in town, on highway or heavy loads?? Just trying to think out load here.......Fog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fog, thanks for your response. My driving is very very mild in nature. Mostly city and highway, but no unusually rough roads and not just a whole lot of off-road miles. Nothing unusual, that is why I have such a hard time understanding
this. I have never had any other type vehicles do this. This situation has been ongoing since the vehicle was brand new. It has about 73,000 miles on it now. My son just got a Corvette( he also has a 95 Bronco) and one of the things that is said to warp the rotors on it, is over torqueing the lugs when tightening the lugs on the wheels. At any rate I am tired of turning rotors and replacing pads so often. I was hoping that someone had a solution to this aggravating problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What kind of brake pads are you using as I had a proplem with minw wearing out fast until I installed Ford OEM not even Motorcraft. Also I now just use Ford OEM balljoints as the Mog ones had play in them before the truck got of the lift.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chances are you have either bad hoses or bad calipers. Theres also a chance that your rear brakes arent working as good as they should. Stay away from the cheap white boxed rotors that are made in china, And get some good ones like some wagner or some beck arnlys. Your brakes should last atleast 30k miles.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,424 Posts
I agree, it sounds like sticking calipers. But bad brake hoses can cause the same symptoms. I would replace both calipers and both hoses, they're not very expensive and they are the most likely cause of your trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts