Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone incorporated Raptor Gen 1 (or Gen I) shocks into their gofast suspension? Always wondered if it could be done after seeing the Fox takeoffs popping up pretty regularly on Craigslist for reasonable cost. Was cruising Giant’s website and saw reference to their 64” link killer kit underbed mount running take off Raptor shocks as an option. So I guess it can be done—not sure how much revalving would need to occur?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone incorporated Raptor Gen 1 (or Gen I) shocks into their gofast suspension? Always wondered if it could be done after seeing the Fox takeoffs popping up pretty regularly on Craigslist for reasonable cost. Was cruising Giant’s website and saw reference to their 64” link killer kit underbed mount running take off Raptor shocks as an option. So I guess it can be done—not sure how much revalving would need to occur?
Yes, been done by a few..stock valving is close. There is another forum the has lots of info on Go Fast Bronco suspension and setup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have on my F-150, have buddies who have done it on broncos. Into my rear shock setup with hoop $500.

The rear pulled 18” of travel and I strapped it at 17”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,679 Posts
i wasnt aware this was an option for us. do these come available often and for how much $$$ typically?

·
Registered
323 Posts
The price is all over the place. I sold my last set for $700.
In stock form they work good for trails at low speeds
For dez use the dampening is way to soft

Have not tried the frt shocks on a bronco

·
Ford Hoarder
6,426 Posts
Agree on price, I have paid both 400 and 500 for the two sets I have. $700 seems almost not worth it compared to just getting new King, Radflo, Fox, Etc... at least to me.
At least for the 2.5" versions, the new trucks have bigger bore shocks.

The stock raptor rear shocks should be around 11.5 on the stroke.
Yes on space but my front setup is more or less made to run these. Would be much easier to run a remote reservoir. If/when I decide to change that is what I would go to.

The front tire does get a little close at full stuff, turned max.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i wasnt aware this was an option for us. do these come available often and for how much $$$ typically?

I picked mine up for $500 and had them revalved for my obs f150 by a shock rebuilder here in soca and they also added schrader valves. I’m pulling 17” of travel strapped in the rear and I got the truck up to 65-70 on dirt before backing off because I’m not caged yet, then when I’m ready to upgrade, King makes a 3.0 4-tube bypass that bolts on to raptors I’ll slap on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts