Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been pretty successful dealing with the typical squeaks and rattles of a ’94 XLTs interior, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin when it comes to dashboard rattle? Since I don’t really know where the noises coming from do any of you have a process that you’ve used to deal with such noises successfully? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
29,454 Posts
Yo Seapig,
Welcome!
Dash Repair Brackets Fabrication & Installation; for Instrument Panel (Rattle), Loose Right Hand Attachment to Cowl Side TSB 94-15-13 for 92-94 Bronco, F-150-350 Series
Source: by Steve83 (BANNED)

1996 Ford Bronco Workshop Manual partial Section 00-04: Noise, Vibration and Harshness @ 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual
I don't recall that dash Vibration is addressed, but a fresh set of eyes may help.

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

94 Bronco partial EVTM @ 1996 Ford Bronco '94 EVTM pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net by Mikey350

1994 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1994-Ford-Bronco.pdf

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by Ford via BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to view due to scammers who preyed on our members).

See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search, How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts & more tips!

BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting."

Find time to Participate and VOTE in our current Full-Size of the Month (soon to change to Quarter) Contest and later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes awarded to the winner are a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine with a year's subscription once the article is submitted; and a year's worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

Reactions: jermil01

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,395 Posts
Thought mine was coming from the custom dash I built, turned out to be the top trim piece on the window. A cut section of hose works like a stethoscope m, unless you actually have an automotive stethoscope. Someone else gotta be driving or willing to listen around.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
678 Posts
Most of my dash noise came from loose screws at the top of the dash up against the windshield. It would squeak and reflect off the windshield into the cabin. You can get some door seal or foam tape and run it along the edge and then tighten all the screws down, same for door panels, including wrapping foam sleeves around the metal rods for locks and door handle actuators. I hate tracking down cabin noises. It is never ending endeavor. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,905 Posts
The hardest to find rattle coming from my dash turned out to be outside the cab. Look at the picture below, the yellow circle shows the spot where my rattle was coming from. The corner of the windshield wiper cowl is supposed to have a foam/rubber cushion to stop the corners from vibrating and rattling. When the foam/rubber wears out, the corner of the windshield wiper cowl taps on the outside of the upper firewall area and it sounds like the noise is coming from under the dash. I happened to find my rattle when fixing my windshield washer hoses. Once I replaced the foam piece at the corner, my rattle stopped.

P.S. This is a shot of my truck at Moab in 2019. Had a blast! 😃

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hardest to find rattle coming from my dash turned out to be outside the cab. Look at the picture below, the yellow circle shows the spot where my rattle was coming from. The corner of the windshield wiper cowl is supposed to have a foam/rubber cushion to stop the corners from vibrating and rattling. When the foam/rubber wears out, the corner of the windshield wiper cowl taps on the outside of the upper firewall area and it sounds like the noise is coming from under the dash. I happened to find my rattle when fixing my windshield washer hoses. Once I replaced the foam piece at the corner, my rattle stopped.

View attachment 184346

P.S. This is a shot of my truck at Moab in 2019. Had a blast! 😃
You guys were a huge help. Thanks.
I sold a beautiful '66 GTO and got this Bronco...It gets more attention by far. I'm really enjoying the Bronco.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of my dash noise came from loose screws at the top of the dash up against the windshield. It would squeak and reflect off the windshield into the cabin. You can get some door seal or foam tape and run it along the edge and then tighten all the screws down, same for door panels, including wrapping foam sleeves around the metal rods for locks and door handle actuators. I hate tracking down cabin noises. It is never ending endeavor. Good luck.
Huge help. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought mine was coming from the custom dash I built, turned out to be the top trim piece on the window. A cut section of hose works like a stethoscope m, unless you actually have an automotive stethoscope. Someone else gotta be driving or willing to listen around.
I don't know which one of your tips solved the problem, but it did...so thanks.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,204 Posts
pay particular attention to the mounting tab on the lower right (passenger side) of the dash. It's near the door jamb. Ford used plastic tabs and that one in particular was notorious for cracking..it's a relatively easy fix with a small l-bracket and some pop rivets.

Reactions: 92broncoboy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts