Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent half the day in my truck, the other half riding shotgun with Ox due to a front pump seal that spit the trans fluid out as fast as it was poured in it. So about noon we loaded my truck on the trailer and for entertainment I fell off my truck (on the trailer) and landed on my ass. They didn't know whether to laugh or call an ambualnce. By the way guys, I'm not that sore from the landing, it didn't even bruise. :toothless

I needed to be drug off the trail which popped a bead on the right front. I noticed when I was looking over the truck yesterday I also broke a centering pin on the right rear leaf spring, which pissed me off because I broke the left rear on a previous trip, a call to Rough Country is in order. Other damage was some bent steering, and a few more tree and rock impressions in my sheet metal. Here are the pics taken with my camera, I will upload video tonight.

In attendance was OX1, reptillikus, kht428, and guy from another board in a SAS's V8 S-10.

Five minutes into the day kht428 blew a bead

My truck under it's own power

Waiting while Keith reseats his tire.

My ugly mug

After my C6 menstuated I had no trans activity at all.
We used my winch, and Ox tugging me on a strap to get me out of the trail

That is where I lost the bead, I have no pics of the before, just the after.

Pics from inside Ox's rig.
Ox is a closet tree hugger. :toothless

A decently build Cherokee that was playing while his buddy contemplated how to get out of the park with his broken leaf spring.

Blind camera pointing

S-10

From the ride home, can you imagine sitting behind this in your Prius?

Ox

Jim towing his S-10

Jim

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,181 Posts
I dont have many pics either. I only have 5 of mine, and none of em are of the full truck.

We went to "O" first, where Keith immediately blew both beads:

Ox playing on a rocky hill climb on "O", this is right at the section where i bet Ox to run it from the passenger seat last time

These were some big rocks

The view from the new Green rated trail J1

One of the few pics i have of mine

couple turns later, keith is stuck

quick tug from steve and keith is free to continue on

RIP steve's trans

Ox was in the lead, so he got to pull steve the rest of the way outta the trail.

Oh noes!!1

Fortunately only the outer bead popped so it was relatively easy to re-seat.

After much winching & pulling to get steve off the trail, and then after we loaded steves back on the trailer, we headed back in.

Ox playing on a hill right near 'The Gauntlet', one of the comp courses

...and stop.

Probably coulda got free if the dshaft wasnt sitting on that boulder

Keith to the rescue!

Me coming up on the climb to the right, while Ox gets free

...and back onto the trails

sidehilling, but its lost in the pic, other than the way the tire is rolling under the wheel

Thats pretty much all i got. We got in some decent trail time, just didnt have the usual photographer (my brother) runnin around snappin pics.

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I poured a gallon of fluid to get it off the trailer and it engaged just fine, and didn't leak. Either way it's not getting wheeled again until it is replaced or rebuilt :shrug

I just got off the phone with Rough Country and there are sending me out new center pins for free. The lift is probably 4 years old, IMO that's good service.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I need to get up there and check this place out.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Cool pics. Wish I could have made it down, but cash was running low. One of these times, I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Great pic's thank for sharing. I really need to get something i can wheel and not care about damaging the body so i can get out there and wheel.
Yes, it was fun before the EXO (even more fun now though).......

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Pretty nice pics

Eh. Maybe next time, hopefully there will be more peoples going next round.
I figured I wasn't ready...again...plus no-one else was going with. So I felt very lonely :(

I got some heavy duty hooks for the front, so hopefully, it'll be all good when I get them on, and the brush guard is almost ready to mount...I hate getting something ready for paint....

KC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.