Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
811 Posts
We here are all family and thats why you reached out to us. We can all help to share your burden some. Cherish your time together. I'll add you folks to my prayers.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
35,925 Posts
So sorry to hear this man. If you're interested, I grow a small stash of my own medicinal marijuana and I have reason to believe (no solid proof) that a large batch of Rick Simpson Oil (aka: RSO) I made for a friend at least temporarily cured his prost. cancer. Unfortunately, you may be too late for anything beyond easing her suffering and any good edible may suffice in that regard. If she's unable to keep foods down, slight toking is an option and won't hurt at this point.

Outside of that... it really is heart breaking to hear and this sh!t always seems to hit some of the nicest folks. I'm up in Newport, WA... a good few hours drive away but still within' the distance. If there's anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to contact me direct. Beyond that... we've got some of the best folks around and I'll repeat the sentiment, we're here for you in any way we can be. God's peace to you and your little lady.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,533 Posts
God bless and keep you both in His Grace. I really don't know what to say beyond that other than to tell you that sometimes the connections that keep us going are the ones we reach for when we are in pain. This community of Bronco lovers has your back. Look at @BikerPepe` s post above mine for proof. I can't help much but if you need something from him, or anyone else, I'm here to throw a few bucks at the problem. Just know you're in my prayers and thoughts, and my wife's as well. Godspeed sir.

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Everyone, it means a lot to me to hear from you all. This is why I posted here. Even though I'm not the most talkative of the group, I've been here since 2006 and know many of you like family.

It's been a rough few weeks, and she was in the hospital again this weekend. They're really fighting to keep her pain/nausea under control. It's such an awful thing, since as all of you mirrored my thoughts of wanting to live everything to the fullest, but her pain has progressed so much in the last 3 weeks that she can hardly get up and move around. We both have a scary feeling that things are progressing way faster than we initially thought.

Medicinal marijuana is nothing new around here. Her dad (who lives in California) has a license to grow it legally, and we're also only a 30 minute drive from the border of a state where it's freely available. She's used it for years for her migraines (poor girl can't catch a break.)

We're praying every day, and know that, no matter what the outcome, she's in good hands with God. That alone is very comforting.

In the mean time, I've been doing endless research for other options, so thank you for the links and ideas. Anything helps.

Thanks for being there for me everyone. I'm mostly just emotionally exhausted. It's been a long 3 years, and things have ramped up so fast in the last 2 months, I'm struggling to forge forward by myself. It's rough.

I sympathize with all of you that have struggled with cancer with the ones close to you. It's a stupid, awful, and pointless thing.

I'm glad some of you got to meet her at Moab last year. She loved going.

I'll keep everyone up to date. Thanks to all of you.

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As for me... yes, I'm working hard to take care of myself. My stress relief is weight lifting, and I've been diving in so hard I think I've put on a good 20 lbs (she loves it).

Done counseling, therapy, etc. for ideas in how to cope, deal through it, how to move on, all that stuff. It's a whirlwind being mentally prepared for all the outcomes, but it helps.

I'm blessed to work for a super supportive and understanding company as well.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
35,925 Posts
Hang tough brother and give all the love and support as you have been. Sometimes, that's all we can do and it sucks but it's better than being alone.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and I'm sure I can speak for the group when I say that the prayers and good vibes will keep on rollin' in for you and your lil' lady.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,029 Posts
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for much of my life. Finding things to relax the mind is never easy. Especially when your brain is telling you that it doesnt care about anything.

Exercise is great for many people. It releases chemicals that make the brain think positively. The gym wasnt for me. My exercise was hiking through the woods with no purpose. It cleared my mind. Doing projects and tasks to keep the mind focused away from the pain is key. I know you guys like video games, and they can be great escapes from reality.

Focus on the positives and what makes both of you happy and comfortable. Take it one day at a time and cherish every minute. Take solace in the fact that you got to spend all this time with that wonderful woman.

Take care bud

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
We're praying every day, and know that, no matter what the outcome, she's in good hands with God. That alone is very comforting.

In the mean time, I've been doing endless research for other options, so thank you for the links and ideas. Anything helps.
I'm thankful to hear your faith is strong. That's what will keep you guys strong and get you through this no matter the outcome. I'll continue praying also.

I just saw this, and it sounds hopeful in the search for a cure for cancer: British Scientists May Have Found Cure For Cancer. By Accident.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,816 Posts
Hello friends,
Not sure where to start on this, so I'll just dive in.
As some of you know, my wife was diagnosed with cancer in early 2017. She underwent chemo and radiation to get it down to where they could do surgery, and then it was surgically removed. She recovered extremely well, and we were hoping that was all of it, and waiting for the day when they'd give us the all clear.

January of last year, it was discovered that it had spread throughout all of her lymph nodes. They had a plan and administered chemo again. This time much stronger and for a longer time, all the way up until about October. They then tried a drug that was supposed to stabilize things and keep them from progressing.

The short of it is, it didn't work. Since December, we've found that it's spread to her liver and her upper intestine (which makes it extremely painful to eat anything). We went to a research center in Seattle which specializes in this type of cancer as a last resort, and they said there's very little more that can be done.

There's an experimental drug they're trying to get her on, but at most it'll only slow things down and give her time. The prognosis is that she has 8 months. More, if the drug works, but it's nothing long term. She's only 38.
Those are of course only based on averages, but there's no question that it's only a matter of time.

I really don't know what I'm asking anyone for, or what I'm expecting from this, but could definitely use some moral support.
Dude; I just found this thread. Sorry to hear the news. ?

We live within 10 miles of each other.

If you need anything, PM me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sending prayers to your wife and, your family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for your pain. I'm going through a very similar situation with my wife. I bought my bronco last month to have something to work on and take my mind off things. I wish you all the best. Stay strong!

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
Just now saw this thread. I watched my aunt and my grandmother lose battles with the C word and its the absolute worst.

All the best AB, you seem to be doing as much as you can for her and for yourself.
Stay strong brother

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello friends,
Not sure where to start on this, so I'll just dive in.
As some of you know, my wife was diagnosed with cancer in early 2017. She underwent chemo and radiation to get it down to where they could do surgery, and then it was surgically removed. She recovered extremely well, and we were hoping that was all of it, and waiting for the day when they'd give us the all clear.

January of last year, it was discovered that it had spread throughout all of her lymph nodes. They had a plan and administered chemo again. This time much stronger and for a longer time, all the way up until about October. They then tried a drug that was supposed to stabilize things and keep them from progressing.

The short of it is, it didn't work. Since December, we've found that it's spread to her liver and her upper intestine (which makes it extremely painful to eat anything). We went to a research center in Seattle which specializes in this type of cancer as a last resort, and they said there's very little more that can be done.

There's an experimental drug they're trying to get her on, but at most it'll only slow things down and give her time. The prognosis is that she has 8 months. More, if the drug works, but it's nothing long term. She's only 38.
Those are of course only based on averages, but there's no question that it's only a matter of time.

I really don't know what I'm asking anyone for, or what I'm expecting from this, but could definitely use some moral support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So sorry ? to hear such a story! I have one recommendation for you! Look into alternatives to standard treatment! Bronco Mom is on the right track with Israel! Here is the name of a support group on FB please join and ask for help! “Healing with Cannabis”
You can also reach out to Corrie Yelland on FB she is extremely knowledgeable about alternatives! And she is a Cancer Survivor herself!
Best to you and your wife!

·
Registered
209 Posts
@AbandonedBronco I am located about 2 hours west of you, and come down your way about every other month. If ya need anything, hit me up I’m here for ya. I am heading down next month for a club gathering, would love to see you while I’m down there.

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank you again everyone. It's good to hear from you all.
I appreciate every bit of it.

@ediggins I'm so sorry to hear you're going through something similar. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. And yes, I've definitely dove into a few Bronco projects. Having something you can actually fix and make better is definitely a healthy outlet, especially in situations like this where you're so helpless to do anything. Hit me up if you need to talk.

I'm not sure what to ask of anyone right now. I'm at a bit of a loss.
Current update is that her health seems to be slipping extremely fast. Just in December, we didn't even know anything was wrong. She'd finished chemo a month or two prior, and was on a medication meant to keep it from growing back. We were discussing trips we wanted to take this year. Fast forward 30 days and she's been admitted to the hospital 6 times, and hasn't been home for more than a handful of days. It's getting so bad that we might be looking into home in-care here soon.

It's killing me to see how much pain she's in. After it spread to her stomach, it's basically like having two dozen ulcers.... There's so few words to describe it except how much I hate it. I truly do.

@SRWillis That article is amazing, and gives so much hope to many! What an astonishing find. It breaks my heart that clinical trials won't be starting until the end of this year. I fear my wife doesn't have nearly that long.

21 - 40 of 135 Posts