Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,963 Posts
Actually having an appetite and wanting certain foods is definitely a positive sign. Both of you keep up the good work and stay strong. We're all thinking of you.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Call me crazy if you want but try a super low carb diet, I think it’s called keto?? There have been talk the cancer lives off of carbohydrates. I’m no doctor by any means but have read some cases where it helped.
My wife eats that way to control her weight due to degenerate disk disease and an inability to exercise.
Our condolences we list her grandma to cancer.

·
Super Moderator
24,672 Posts
Waves of good thoughts, continued togetherness and the unbreakable bond between you two.

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
More well wishes from your Bronco brothers and sisters! Keep your head high

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
Ahhh, that news is good news! My late dad had trouble with appetite just with an oral drug for prostate cancer. But the suggestion of the keto diet could help immensely, as sugars and starches are also linked to tissue inflammation. Now that I'm living in Texas and we're all doing keto, I've lost weight and inches, I don't have joint pain from just existing, only if I actually do an activity, and even if cancer doesn't live off of sugars and starches, the vegetables will help keep her in necessary vitamins and minerals, and the proteins (don't go overboard on them) will help keep muscle mass. So hopefully, she'll gain strength and not lose too much weight. We're all praying for the both of you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't get on here much, so I just now found this.

Many prayers for your family. My wife lost her dad and grandmother to cancer, her brother had lymphoma in the 80s, her mom had breast cancer, and she had stage 4 lymphoma herself. From experience we know what an emotional drain it is. Her family has been hit hard with the cancer bug, probably due to the chemical plant her dad and brother worked at. God bless and continued prayers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Checking in on you guys. I am coming down that way March 14 to meet with a bunch of guys to discuss some camping trips this summer.

I just returned from Spokane, Washington and thought I saw your bronco pulling a trailer through Hermiston, Oregon.

·
Super Moderator
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Checking in on you guys. I am coming down that way March 14 to meet with a bunch of guys to discuss some camping trips this summer.

I just returned from Spokane, Washington and thought I saw your bronco pulling a trailer through Hermiston, Oregon.
Wasn't me. Must have a twin out there somewhere. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hi everyone, thanks for checking in. It's good to hear from you all.

Things aren't good and have gone downhill very fast. We have her home on hospice care. It's a bittersweet thing as it's the company that she used to work for, so they all know her very well.

Her pain and nausea is fully under control, which is great. I'm glad she's comfortable. But I don't think she's eaten more than a day's worth of food in the last 3 weeks.

But, she doesn't have long at all. Maybe a week or two at most, but probably much less. I'm working from home taking care of her and keeping her comfortable. She's awake maybe 30 - 45 minutes a day, so I enjoy those times with her while I can.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Th

Things aren't good and have gone downhill very fast. We have her home on hospice care. It's a bittersweet thing as it's the company that she used to work for, so they all know her very well.

Her pain and nausea is fully under control, which is great. I'm glad she's comfortable. But I don't think she's eaten more than a day's worth of food in the last 3 weeks.

But, she doesn't have long at all. Maybe a week or two at most, but probably much less. I'm working from home taking care of her and keeping her comfortable. She's awake maybe 30 - 45 minutes a day, so I enjoy those times with her while I can.

Very sad news... I feel your pain. I’m at a loss of words.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,172 Posts

Awe man ? I'm so sorry

61 - 80 of 135 Posts