Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally got interent at home, its dial up and its slow as hell but its better than nothing I guess. its been a hell of a week with everything going on with the move and trying to get to moab. Im finally in the new house and unpacking. Its looking like Im going to miss the trip to moab after all. too much stuff going on and have a couple unexpected problems with the bronco come up. If I left tomarrow It would only be only 2 days of wheeling anyway and that to me is alot of driving and not enough wheeling so Im going to try and plan another trip for the end of this month or begginning of nov if anyone is interested.

also I would like to clear up any misconseptions between dave and myself building sliders. Im not trying to step on daves toes here but when I came up with this design for my truck I was planning on making more to sell once I got my tools. Im also tying to get started on a little side business with a friend building custom sliders, bumpers, distrubiting parts, etc. just seems dave beat me to the punch on building the sliders. I now have everything I need to build these myself and my prices are comparable to daves and my turn around on sliders is pretty quick. so if there is something you need built let me know

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blaze said:
Welcome back...I'm on dial-up too (live to far in the country for anything else) it blows don't it??:banghead
Well said, on the slider bit!!:thumbup
the worst part of it is cox is just north and south of us but we are stuck in the middle

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: read me

Bronkzilla said:
i remember that.. crank those suckers out.. best of luck Dustin.
thats the plan...I want to have a set sitting here ready to sell when someone wants them.

K

·
0 Posts
hey dustin, how much you lettin them sliders go for? im tired of these damn side-steps...

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pm me for pricing and info.

not sure how they will fit on the 79, I dont have one to look at to compare measurements. Im pretty sure the slider it self is close just dont know whats in the way of mounting it to the frame. talk to dave about some for a 79

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanx for the info Dust. Dial-up sux, maybe you can get that NetZero service with faster (I know its relative) speeds.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good Idea Raf. We were using DirecWay at work. It was fantastic. Even in bad weather it worked great. If you wanted or are interested in DirecTV absolutely get it. Its about $45/mo for the internet service. Your biggest cost will the be equipment.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah Ive heard the equipment is expensive for satallite.

you can get it throught direct tv? Ive been looking at getting diret tv anyway

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah the VP wanted DirecTV in his office so we still have the dish hooked up. He was watching NASCAR qualifying on Fri afternoon, pretty cool for racin' fans. The equipment is a bit pricey and its a bigger dish than the satellite tv dishes you see in the commercials. If I had a decent camera I'd take a couple pics for you.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Jaxboro said:
Good Idea Raf. We were using DirecWay at work. It was fantastic. Even in bad weather it worked great. If you wanted or are interested in DirecTV absolutely get it. Its about $45/mo for the internet service. Your biggest cost will the be equipment.
Glad to finally hear someone has had good results with DirecWay. I've dealt with about four setups in the IN / IL area and they ALL suck. The speed was / is a joke. Maybe it's because your closer to the satellite living way up there in those mountains!:D

Find people in your area that have it. Here my backup dialup account with ScrewUNet / WorldCoN / MCI (whatever they are this week) kicks DirecWay in the ass.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Good to see you back brotha.
I will call you again sometime this weekend again, i have a few things to discuss with you.

Good luck getting everything going, you will have some of my money soon enough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts