Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock all white 93 Bronco XLT 5.8 351 Windsor w locking hubs is ready for suspension lift and new tires. Im thinking about a 6' rough country lift kit(not system) with 35 12.50r15s. I also cant decide to do Baja Claws or BFG All Terrains or something else that would look badass. Also needs paint job. Should I add/replace anything? Thoughts or ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
How much offroading do you do? I had 35" Baja claws on mine, and didn't really care for them. I am now running BFG all terrains, and I love them. Not nearly as great offroad (But still decent), but a million times better on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much offroading do you do? I had 35" Baja claws on mine, and didn't really care for them. I am now running BFG all terrains, and I love them. Not nearly as great offroad (But still decent), but a million times better on the road.
Gotcha thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Acceleration (and probably fuel economy) is going to suffer going to that big of a tire without re-gearing the axles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
And remember if you run 35s you need to re gear it to match the tires,And if your going in that far on the axles might as well throw in lockers.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
This is more of a General Discussion thread than tech so I moved it.

a 93 351w and stock gears will turn 35 12.50s just fine. As long as you don't expect to go racing Mustang's around town you will be happy. As far as off-roading I have wheeled with this combo a few times and they kept up just fine. If you have the money re-gearing will be nice but no need to stress or lose sleep if you don't.

Tell us a little more about what you will be doing with the Bronco. Will it be more of a daily driver or weekend warrior?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is more of a General Discussion thread than tech so I moved it.

a 93 351w and stock gears will turn 35 12.50s just fine. As long as you don't expect to go racing Mustang's around town you will be happy. As far as off-roading I have wheeled with this combo a few times and they kept up just fine. If you have the money re-gearing will be nice but no need to stress or lose sleep if you don't.

Tell us a little more about what you will be doing with the Bronco. Will it be more of a daily driver or weekend warrior?
Daily driver to beach and/or forest no crazy racing or crazy mudding thanks

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Go with stock or a level kit and spend you money on great shocks and 33" tires. Limited slip / lockers and gears. I liked the true trac in the rear and ARB in front. Then paint it and get great seats. Best money spent as long as the engine and trans are in good shape. If not then put them in front of the LS / Locker and gears.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
Will the 92+ trucks fit 33"s under there with no lift? I'm sure it would be fine with a lil level kit, but stock and 33" seem like a stretch

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My 92 did with a trim of the back edge of the front bumper. Level kit is the best option in my opinion.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts