·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the other thread was closed here are some pics of his parts and progress
front 5 ton

rear 5 ton

dissassembled rear 5 ton

The spare rear 5 ton and the 89 bronco that doesn't know what it's got comin yet

the old 2.5 tons after removal

the finished t-case (rockwell T-136-21)

and a pic of mine beside my other buddy's 76 still origanal paint and sheetmetal

Just had to throw that one in there:chili:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
that 76 looks damn sweet
spec sheet
was 76 150
now 76 250 equivelant
10" suspension lift
3" body lift
Sterling 10.25" rear 4.88 welded diff
hp 44 front 4.88 F-250 outers hydro assit steering with steer arm on pass. side knuckle dual shocks behind springs
motor: 400m crane cam edelbrock intake msd 6al box and distributor Predator carb headers 3" dual exhaust with electric cutouts and flowmaster mufflers and stainless tips
tires: 17x42x16.5 Iroks on 16.5x12 wheels
other doodads:
master cylinder from F-550
saginaw power steering pump w/ modifed internals
rear floating traction bars and 1410 driveline

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If that really is a 76 they should have kept the FE motor in there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the rear fitting and the piston were modifed for more flow at idle and to increase the pressure. Oh and yes the wife has a DYSON, man can that thing suck.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Hmm, pretty cool, looks monstrous beefy. With a built big block and all the gearing and super heavy axles/tires do you guys do some frame stiffening as well? I can't imagine the bronco frame holding up to the whole setup for long.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here's some pics of the 5 tons I bought thet are a civilian version with 5.81 gears and air lockers they also have 2 1/4" 23 spline axles where as military 5 tons have 2 1/8" 16 spline shafts

the one on the left is a standard 5 ton shaft and the one with the double spline is from my 5 tons the double spline is for the air locker

here's some pics of the internals

these are scheduled to go in my bronco very directly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
usually it just takes alittle subframe work mine has been holdin up for three years now other than the front shafts in the 2.5 tons haven't found any cracks yet though it did have a few from when it was on 1 tons but that was fixed in the last build. also that is why we are using a 78 frame for his 89 the newer frames are really weak compared to the older frames I have killed a couple of the newer frames in some of my trucks they just don't have the quality that they used to.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts