Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so I phoned a pile of local machine shops locally here... I explained that I needed some holes reamed out to 7* and all of them said due to liability they would not touch automotive parts..... so I phoned the only local automotice machine shop and they said no.... then I phoned a bunch or tool places and did not find a 7* reamer....

so now I need advice... what do I do??? where can I get this done or get a reamer???? Snap-on or mac have them???

thanks again guys!!!!
Bob

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is what I want.... why cant I find them anywhere???

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool.... I was searching for " reaming knuckles"

I dont see any reamers that say 7* specifically..... whay are the dimensions that I am looking for????

is this right???

4 1/2in flute length, 7/16in Small end diameter, 1in Big end diameter, 1 1/2in taper per foot.

thanks for your help!!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nevermind... searching answered my question!!!!!

somebody tell me to go search please.....!!!!

1.5 inches per foot is 7*

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I want the one for ford tie rod ends....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the search tip!!!!! aparently needed it!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you can not find one these guy's will be ale to help - this is where I got the one I have cost me $50 - they will send it out the day you call -
WFO Concepts 530 268 9494

I did not see any comments about how far to ream so either you know or are not thinking of it - So, if it is the didn't think of it - do not over ream it is easy to do the knuckles are really soft - so ream a little then fit the end in the hole, then ream a little more - go only as deep as you need to go until the nut goes on just far enough to get the couter pin in then stop - be sure not to over do it....
:beer

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, thats the plan... I am going to place the reamer in the side of the knuckle that already is tapered, then tape a line around the reamer were the knuckle is to give me a baseline....

thanks for all the tips!!! If I cant find one locally, I will be contacting people on this list by the end of the week

Cheers
Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.