Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size of the head of the bolts that hold the rear armrests in? I was just at a junkyard and was unable to grab a couple because I expected they would be phillips like most fasteners that size in vehicles this age. WRONG! After crawling around with my head upside down in a dirty junkyard bronco to look in the hole with a flashlight, it's some sort of tiny bolt head in there. I'm not even sure I'll be able to pull a socket back out of the foam after loosening it.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I have the rear armrests in storage and pretty sure I taped the bolt or screws to it. Will check for you tomorrow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be awesome! I'll try to resist impatiently going to the JY and trying a bunch of stuff because I don't want to wait. :D

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
384 Posts
I want to say 3/8 off the top of my head. I had to use an extension to get it in and then once I got it removed use the bolt to push it out. There’s not much space for the socket at all.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco Custom. Keeping it OE stock as long as I can..
13 Posts
Recently had mine off while fabricating a gun rack.
This what my 1989 Custom looks like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts