Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear axle question, what is it? (added pic)

Searched but could not find the answer...
My rear axle cover has 10 bolts and has 2/00 written on it (in white marker). Can anyone tell me what that designates? I'm not up on what types of rears are out there and was hoping someone could fill me in a bit. I'm thinking maybe the Original owner swapped it out? Thanks for any comments or info....

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The emergency brake line was routed wrong, and i've never seen a rearend with white paint with the markings 2/00 on it. Makes me think perhaps it was a 2000 rear put on? I'll try posting a pic tommorrow.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,070 Posts
That there is an 8.8

Most likely the cover came from something else from a newer year, or that's when the previous owner picked the cover/axle up from a junkyard. I don't think the axle was swapped in from something other than a bronco. It would take a lot of fabrication to make it work if it was. Just my thoughts.

On another note, I see the nice clean shiftster installed. There's no mud on it :haha

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, darn I was hoping it was a lower geared one from a newer ford. Still wondering if they didn't change gears in it or something. I removed the sway bar and shock to reroute the emergency brake cable, glad it had a rubber cover on the cable or my right rear shock would have been worn thru. If I had taken it out 4wheelin' first big extension would have ripped the cable out of the hub. Yeah, I pressure sprayed the underside so I could install the shiftster, easy install. Changed out my autohubs to manual also, gonna try to get out and test it this weekend. I'm gonna clean up and lube the autos for a backup.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
thats the shiffster, you get up under the truck and shiffst it to the range you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts