Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
How many clicks you get when you apply your brake?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,818 Posts
That's odd. I didn't realize that you had changed the front cable. Yes, that seems too short. Do you have any slack in the cables with the pedal up? I'd be tempted to take the nut off at the equalizer while adjusting the shoes to be sure there isn't tension on it.

If your e-brake is engaging with the pedal too high, there probably isn't enough leverage to set the brake properly. You might need more length for that front cable.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
No, there’s no slack whatsoever. Maybe I reinstalled the brake pedal assembly incorrectly or like you said the cable is too short. I purchased the cable at LMC. Or.... maybe I routed the cable incorrectly...
I have the cable coming out of the small box on the engine side of the firewall. It pops out of the access hole with a sharp bend backwards and to the equalizer. See pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
Once again nowhere near me or I’d look at it for ya. The new cable should be shorter then the old one but that does look a little two short. The adjustment is so as the cable stretch over time you can take the slack up.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Appreciate the help Mojo. I think I’ll let it be for now and if it snaps down the road, I’ll start over. Thanks again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 26 of 26 Posts