Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8L 9" Total Lift on 14.50 x 37 TOYO's
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am refurbishing my 1994 Bronco and I have a question regarding the rear axle bump stops.
In looking at the rubber bump stops presently, the only contact point would be the top of the axle housing itself.

Shouldn't there be a contact point that mount's between the leaf spring and top U bolt plate on the 1994 Bronco?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,765 Posts
I am refurbishing my 1994 Bronco and I have a question regarding the rear axle bump stops.
In looking at the rubber bump stops presently, the only contact point would be the top of the axle housing itself.

Shouldn't there be a contact point that mount's between the leaf spring and top U bolt plate on the 1994 Bronco?
Thanks
Certain Ford truck setups used an extended spacer, however the 5th gen Broncos did not. Not certain prior to 92, but see below:

Happy New Year and welcome to FSB!

Reactions: Wubble Gubble

·
Registered
1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8L 9" Total Lift on 14.50 x 37 TOYO's
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certain Ford truck setups used an extended spacer, however the 5th gen Broncos did not. Not certain prior to 92, but see below:

Happy New Year and welcome to FSB!
Thank you for the reply Want2BS8ed.

OK, so the bump stop is intended to contact the top surface of the axle housing.
I just installed a shackle flip kit I picked up from Bronco Graveyard to eliminate 4" lift blocks between the leafs and axle housing (I don't trust lift blocks not to flop over).

So I will likely need to make some adjustment to the overall range of the bump stop contact point.

Thanks for the welcome to FSB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts