Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have plans for a rear bumper like this. i have a 1996 ford bronco. it can or cannot have the tire carrier. if not i guess ill try to start from scratch. i dont have a welder yet so thats why i want plans so i can build it at work with no worries.

thanks

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
He wants to build not buy.

I doubt BroncoAir is going to give you the plans free of charge.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i doubt so to. boulder bronco. how can i get them from you?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone eles?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
He probably won't sell the plans for his products because it could possibly have a negative effect on sales in the future.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My experence is : By the time I buy all the tools, material and factor in waste due to learning; Hefty could have it shipped cheaper to my house and it would look much better. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
My experence is : By the time I buy all the tools, material and factor in waste due to learning; Hefty could have it shipped cheaper to my house and it would look much better. Just my 2 cents

If you are careful and take your time, or if you know how to do it you can definitely save money.....

With that said, you definitely CAN'T build one for cheap. So far I've got $100 for the tire kit from EMS offroad. I traded the hinge in there for enough 2x3 steel for the tire carrier, plus I had to chip in $20

Spent $67 on 10ft of 4x6x3/16....Had to buy 10 ft.

$35 for the frame/shackle mounts-3/4"x2"x 15" -two of them.

$10 for the receiver tube

Also have $22 in lights including license plate light, and $20 into having the lug face machined off of a Dana 44 hub.

$224 I have into it so far. But that should be everything.

I've got $239 in it at this point. And that doesn't include some stuff I had laying around like some 3/16 plate, and Dana 44 spindle/hub/bearings/lockout.

I I could have gotten by without the lights, and without the dana 44 spindle and just gotten the steel and the EMS bumper kit.

You are saving several hundred dollars......But it takes a good bit of your time, and it is in no way as cheap as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
He probably won't sell the plans for his products because it could possibly have a negative effect on sales in the future.
Well as you can imagine we put alot of R&D time and money into bumpers. But the issue isn't a negative effect on sales, not directly anyway.
The issue is the construction. If we sold the plans or sold the pieces we are leaving the construction and welding up to the buyer. Bad idea. Our welders are the tops in the business. Every weld is perfect. If we go selling designs or do it yourselft kits, thats how the bumper will look. We can't have people doing their own welding and construction, then telling their friends to check out their "BroncoAir" bumper.
So to have our name on a bumper where someone out of our shop has
done the welding, is not in our best interest. We have no control over
those welds. So someone could be asking where you got that bumper and
notice some less than perfect welds, that then associates our company with a less than perfect product. Not the kind of publicity we want.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand that 100 percent...you dont no me from adam but im not the kind of guy that will do that i just want a back bumper..i understand were you are coming from tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts