Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes, there is reinforcement inside the tailgate and on the quarter panel. but, i do believe they can be removed so they could be installed, too.

The tailgate reinforcement is removable - I have several on a shelf,
but the quarter panel reinforcement will take surgery to remove and good luck re-installing it on a different body panel.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
The tailgate reinforcement is removable - I have several on a shelf,

but the quarter panel reinforcement will take surgery to remove and good luck re-installing it on a different body panel.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought I'd seen reinforcement for sale before. Maybe it was only the tailgate

·
Registered
204 Posts
The important part of a rear tire mount with large tires like 35" on a prerunner is 1. The stock one is not good mounted to the body and tailgate. 2. The hinge on the bumper has to be strong larger bearing kind. The other end to lock it to the bumper also solid. I am planning to do one with a gas tank skid plate backside mount. I also want to do a front prerunner bumper with a trailer hitch input. I want to have my winch on a carrier I can leave off and when off roading slide it into front or rear with large power plugs and the controller box on the carrier. Front or rear use for different situations or off when not off road avoiding theft and less weight. A batt up front and one in the rear too. Anybody seen or done this?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts