Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my deployment is almost over and I've got some money in my pocket from it that needs spent and I was thinking about getting a new rear bumper with a tire rack so I can remove the stock one. I just can't help but feel like the stock one will tear up my tailgate at some point.

I've been looking at the Rocksolid Rear Bumper with tire rack from Broncograveyard and was wondering how many here have opinions on it. I was planning on having them add some D-ring mounts as well since I don't have the facilities to add them myself. I'm sure the quality is good, but if anybody else has any other suggestions or add ons I should get, I'd appreciate that. Or if you have a better bumper source, that would be good too.

Oh, and don't worry, most of the money will go into savings. I just need to spend some of it to get the "spending bug" out of my system. I'm not spending much more than $1000 on this all told, depending on shipping costs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I feel like you could make something yourself that would cost far less than $800 + shipping. Call me ignorant and make fun of me but it just looks like several straight pieces of metal welded together with a couple of high strength brackets to mount it to the truck and wheel. Not worth $800 to me.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,083 Posts
I do not really have comments on the bumper itself but I have been waiting on a front bumper from them since 3/25, so just be prepared for that

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done the research for my local area and I just would trust any of the local welder/manufacturers to deliver on anything like a decent time schedule or to make it with any decent skill. I just don't trust the people in Oklahoma City to do anything right. Now if anybody has a good recommendation for my area, I'll look into it, but I've given up on the custom route.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking online for other ideas and found another fabricator in GA who looks good. They offer the same features but a couple hundred $ cheaper.
They're called Tactical Armor Group and they have some nice bumpers with swing arms that I like. Greasable hinges on the swing arm, integrated d-ring or shackle mounts, and custom fit to your ride.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, I think I'm going with TAG when I get back.
I really like how they offer their options as well so you can order it to your needs. I think I'll go with the carrier system with shackle mounts, receiver hitch, gas can carrier, with satin black paint. Hopefully I can get it delivered to my base so I can save a bit on shipping. Oh, and they quoted an estimated shipping price of $120 so the total I'd spend would be around $760-$800 to include the shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts