Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I can tell you that is wicked bad!!! If you ever sell your truck, sell the bumper on here, I'm sure someone would give 250-300 easy for it.

I might have to dust off the ol' spool gun and try and make one...

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is sweet. Did you try looking under and behind the bumper for any kind of ID? Never seen one before.

just did, and i didnt see anything
I can tell you that is wicked bad!!! If you ever sell your truck, sell the bumper on here, I'm sure someone would give 250-300 easy for it.

I might have to dust off the ol' spool gun and try and make one...
hah, fair enough, i love it since it gives me another place to lock away valuables and my tools :rockon

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
I really like that bumper, may just have to get around to making one

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks like a homemade job, but then again todays custom bumper selection is pretty much exploded.

·
Registered
271 Posts
thats bad ass. wonder if HEFTY would make one and start selling them

·
Registered
331 Posts
Id bet vital parts of my anatomy that it is a custom job, based solely on the license plate mount, no manufacturer would build it like that IMHO... 351w500 is right, the cops will right you tickets till you change it or they run outta ink... but one thing is for sure, those compartments are slick... how well does it keep the dust/dirt/grime out?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Haven't seen one exactly like that, but one of the work trucks (1996 F250 crewcab powerstroke) at my first job had a storage rear bumper similar to that one. Storage ran full length though. We kept a hi-lift in it.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
It looks like it couldn't handle a 3 mph no brakes hit. However I think its the baddest rear bumper I have ever seen, i'm torn-

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
thats bad ass. wonder if HEFTY would make one and start selling them
Maybe.....I'll build anything custom for the right price

It looks like it couldn't handle a 3 mph no brakes hit. However I think its the baddest rear bumper I have ever seen, i'm torn-
That would be my concern too.

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Wouldn't be hard to make one out of steel, I thought of doing something similar when I built mine but I figured it would be more of a hassle than it would be worth.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not worried about the police, as it falls within the code. cool to know that it is custom.

its really nice to have a place to store tools and flares, and not having to worry about them getting stolen

·
Registered
271 Posts
i would love to throw muddy tow straps in there

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

That's what has me as well. I'm sure some kinda reinforcement could be fabbed up though. Maybe some square tubing running the inner perimeter of the box and run it to the frame some how.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts